TC Nova System no tone suck on multiwatt Dual rectifier fix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallsmusic

Reaction score
I was trying to replace my pedal board with a Nova System for my Dual Rec (multi watt) and was always losing level and tone using the Nova in the loop

Thought i'd post how I got my Nova System not sucking level and tone on here in case anyone else was having the same problems as I could not find the answer myself until reading the manual on the boost section a few times and it suddenly made sense..

The boost on the Nova actually takes away what it will boost from your signal eg: If you want 2db boost on the nova it will take 2db from that patch and give it back once you engage the boost
Having a dual rec with solo option this does not matter to me
In the advanced levels menu you can set the boost max.. Set this to 0db.. now it is taking no signal from the patch..
now adjust the overall output to match your amps volume by a/b the loop on and off with the footswitch of your DR until you find unity gain.. you should now have unity gain and no audible tone suck

Hope this helps anyone trying to get the Nova to play nice in the loop of there DR !

fallsmusic said:
I was trying to replace my pedal board with a Nova System for my Dual Rec (multi watt) and was always losing level and tone using the Nova in the loop

Thought i'd post how I got my Nova System not sucking level and tone on here in case anyone else was having the same problems as I could not find the answer myself until reading the manual on the boost section a few times and it suddenly made sense..

The boost on the Nova actually takes away what it will boost from your signal eg: If you want 2db boost on the nova it will take 2db from that patch and give it back once you engage the boost
Having a dual rec with solo option this does not matter to me
In the advanced levels menu you can set the boost max.. Set this to 0db.. now it is taking no signal from the patch..
now adjust the overall output to match your amps volume by a/b the loop on and off with the footswitch of your DR until you find unity gain.. you should now have unity gain and no audible tone suck

Hope this helps anyone trying to get the Nova to play nice in the loop of there DR !

I did the same thing awhile back. If the gain is set using Auto, the level may not appear to rise much, but the level on the Nova increases, it seems to distort the Return stage. For awhile, I set the output to 8 dB and manually set the gain where I wanted it. Now, I'm using auto, but only setting gain between 4 and 6. I would dip the Send a little to match volume if I still had a parallel loop.

Back