talk boxes, hiel, rocktron outputs and inputs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine3

Reaction score
Any of you ppl ever use a talk box? There are the hiel talkboxes (which I hear need to have the amp's speaker output) and the banshee by Rocktron (plug in line like a pedal which has true bypass)

Any other way to use either out of a mesa's outputs or inputs?

I use the Banshee. Yes, you run it inline like all your pedals. When you switch it on, the sound goes to the Banshee's internal preamp and out the mouth tube. Like any talkbox, you still need a microphone and amplification source to hear the talkbox sound. I use a Shure SM57 and run that to a small PA.

I have the Danelectro Free Speech pedal.. not good for live.... good for quiet volumes...

I am going to get a Banshee or a Heil... since I am a singer in my band.. I already will have a mic in front of me..

I "use to" own a mid seventies vintage Electro-Harmonix Golden Throat. Man that thing was awesome, beat up an heavy as hell.
Unlike the Banshee, the old ones are just a huge tweeter-type driver powered by your amp, had to connect it between my amp and cab signal. So when it was engaged, signal went to the box instead of my speakers.

pretty cool, still kick myself for selling it ! You can't even find one of those these days (discontinued).

I use to nail Frampton's "Do You Feel ......etc killer effect, fun as all get out.
Man, thinking about it now, I'd like to get another one, ****....Thanks guys, GAS for more gear ! :roll:

8)

Holy crap ! Just did a search on ebay and found one Down Under !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electro-Harmonix-Original-Golden-Throat-Mouth-Tube_W0QQitemZ330147060528QQihZ014QQcategoryZ22669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check it out !

Latest posts

Back