TA-30 combo rumours...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone confirm the form factor of the combo? From the pics it looks like it might be a 1x10..but hoping it is in fact a 1x12 :!:

So far a 2x12 and a 1x12 combo.

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/mesa-transatlantic-ta-30-head.html

Custom Designed AND Handcrafted Exclusively in Petaluma, California

All Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes

Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) featuring Duo-Class and Dyna-Watt (Patent 4,713,624) technologies providing three power and two operating class options that are channel assignable via independent 15/30/40 Watt Power Switches.

Choose from:

2 power tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 15 Watts or;
4 tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 30 Watts or;
4 tubes operating in Mesa’s Patented Dyna-Watt Class A/B, producing 40 Watts

Fully Independent Channels with 5 Style Modes:

Channel 1 features: Normal (Brit Clean) or Top Boost (Brit Overdrive) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (15/30/40 Watt), FX Loop & Reverb Assignment Switch (On/Off True Bypass), Volume (Gain), Treble, Bass, Reverb & Cut w/Pull Master (Patent Applied For)
Channel 2 features: Tweed (American Clean), Hi 1 (Brit Gain) & Hi 2 (Boogie Gain) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (15/30/40 Watt), FX Loop & Reverb Assignment Switch (On/Off True Bypass), Gain w/Pull Boost, Treble, Bass, Reverb & Master

Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance-Free Performance

Channel Assignable, All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls

Channel Assignable, Fully Buffered FX Loop

Channel Independent True Bypass Switches fully remove FX Loop & Reverb from signal path

Fan Cooled

All Aluminum Chassis

2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Reverb)

Sebber said:
Oh boy, I love my TA-15 but I think I'm going to have to get me the TA-30 head too when it comes out down here.

I've been a little confused though: why is it called the TA-15 when it goes up to 25W?

Cause that's the highest wattage for the amp to be in class A...

I had to ask Mesa a question today about the Roadster. Anyway I asked Chris if the rumors about the TA combo are true, and he said that there'll be an announcement at the end of the week, and that's all he could say. :?

Damnit Mesa, why do you do this to me!!!!!!!

I am perfectly happy with my ElectraDyne.

Now you have gone ahead and essentially addressed all the cons I felt about the TA-15, and come up with the TA 30.

ARRRRGGGGG

I hope I try it and hate it.

KH Guitar Freak said:
Sebber said:
Oh boy, I love my TA-15 but I think I'm going to have to get me the TA-30 head too when it comes out down here.

I've been a little confused though: why is it called the TA-15 when it goes up to 25W?

Cause that's the highest wattage for the amp to be in class A...

Awesomeness! Thank you!

tommo said:
phyrexia said:
tommo said:
any news about the prices?

$1499 head
$1649 1x12
$1749 2x12

ok, that's one reason for not changing my TA-15....****, twice the wattage, twice the price :D

Yeah...I my TA-15 was $829 and I was able to use a $50 off coupon. Honestly I do not need the watts. The loop interested me, but so far I have not had issues with either my wah or phaser. I have yet to add the delay. Reverb I do not miss.

It is GREAT to have choices...and I suspect that those who play out frequently in larger venues will need the extra power.

dmraco said:
Yeah...I my TA-15 was $829 and I was able to use a $50 off coupon. Honestly I do not need the watts. The loop interested me, but so far I have not had issues with either my wah or phaser. I have yet to add the delay. Reverb I do not miss.

It is GREAT to have choices...and I suspect that those who play out frequently in larger venues will need the extra power.

This is precisely what makes me want one of these new TA-30 heads: I've had the TA-15 for a few months and I'm utterly blown away by the awesome quality of tones I get from this amp, lack of loop and reverb weren't issues for me, I don't use much reverb so I bought a decent reverb pedal just to "wet-up" the cleans I get out of the "Normal" channel.

The TA-15 is now my go-to amp for gigs, which we'll typically do one, sometimes two or three, a week: my Lonestar Special 2x12 combo, much loved though it is, is now my in-place band practice amp which stays at the drummer's house where we practice. I've been considering buying another TA-15 head for backup purposes (and maybe occasionally to run a stereo rig), but a TA-30 would seem to cover all the possible bases for me: backup (or main?) gigging amp and slightly more capable when it comes to large gig venues.

Wow, so Mesa actually heard our bitchin' about the TA-15 and did something about it!!! Whatta country!
After checking out the combo and the head, I got a major woodie and GAS!!!! :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to hear if they have the same tone of the TA-15. Ho! Ho! Freakin'-Ho!!!

Matt

theroan said:
Channel 2 features: Tweed (American Clean), Hi 1 (Brit Gain) & Hi 2 (Boogie Gain) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (15/30/40 Watt), FX Loop & Reverb Assignment Switch (On/Off True Bypass), Gain w/Pull Boost, Treble, Bass, Reverb & Master

"Gain w/Pull Boost"...

I wonder how much additional gain is available: of all the channels/modes the one that I don't particularly "get" is the H2 "Boogie Gain", to my ear it doesn't really have enough gain available in the TA-15 to really qualify as "Boogie Gain"... perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick, but an optional gain boost sounds pretty damned useful to me.

Well, 3 months ago, I thought that my quest for a good amp was finally over after buying the TA-15 !! And now, this TA-30 ! The problem is that 3 months is a very, very, very short period of time to justify to my beloved that I need to change ! But... I think that I will give it a good try !

Has anyone seen a description of what the speaker will be in the 1x12? I imagine it will be the V30 but maybe the C90?

Latest posts

Back