Switching out the Presence Control pot?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhorvath

Reaction score
Has anyone tried switching out Channel 2's Presence Control pot, on a Triple Rectifier, and replacing it with another channel 3 Presence Control pot?
I never use channel 2. I always favored channel 3.
It would be great to use one as the rhythm channel, and the other, as a boost for leads so I can cut through the mix when playing with the band.
The manual says that this mod will allow for two channels to be virtually identical.
Just wondering if anyone has tried this, and if they were satisfied with the results.
Any thoughts?

I believe its just 3 jumper wires you have to un-solder. I was pondering doing the same thing, but have the Channel 2 pot on Channel 3. Let us know if you do the mod!

I wanted to give a follow up on this topic since there doesn't seem to be any discussion about it.
I did do this modification and had successful results. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
1. After the mod, ch 2 is very close to ch 3 in tone and feel. Ch 3 does have a tighter feel though.
2. Both ch 2 and 3 will have different settings with the tone knobs. They won't be identical.
3. The new presence control knob has given me the ability to match the tone that I was getting from ch 3. The only thing I noticed was a very slight feel as far as tightness, meaning, ch 2 feels a bit loose. That doesn't bother me because, it sounds great when playing rhythm.

I'm a tone freak, so I'm very particular when it comes to my sound.
I can say that I am very pleased with the results. It may not be an exact match, but it's a lot closer than it was before the modification. With a little bit of tweaking, I can get great results. Now, I use ch 2 for rhythm and ch 3 for lead. That eliminates the need to buy another head to match the tone. If you are going to bypass the effects loop, and need a channel for rhythm and a channel for lead that sound close in tone, this may be an option you would like to explore.

Yeah I did a blow by blow with photos a few days ago.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36172

Latest posts

Back