Switched To a Road King 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my strat digs this amp,too, G'dom...chan 1 /tweed/variac/dimed-single coil./..oWWWW!not too many Stratsters around these parts!rejoice,rejoice!we have a voice!(hell, I am a LP man..but my Strat sounds muscular thru this amp..I think a lot of the thin complaints come from metal players...want a big tone,boys??give Hughie Thomasson a listen... :) )

my strat digs this amp,too, G'dom...chan 1 /tweed/variac/dimed-single coil./..oWWWW!not too many Stratsters around these parts!rejoice,rejoice!we have a voice!(hell, I am a LP man..but my Strat sounds muscular thru this amp..I think a lot of the thin complaints come from metal players...want a big tone,boys??give Hughie Thomasson a listen... )

i am a recovering ibanez addict. also a predominant metal player, but enjoy playing lots of stuff. i just decided one day it was time for a change. i still play my ibanez's most of the time but started getting into the likes of danny gatton, johnny hiland, even john 5 solo stuff, (chickin pickin in other words) but could not find a tele i liked!! necks are to big!!! and the ones i tried sounded HORRID through the road king. so i went to a strat, went through a few till i found 1 i liked, and enjoy playing it and was tolerable throught the road king. that is also when i bought my dr z. B-E-A-U-TIFUL amp imo. i have owned a few gibsons in the past and am wanting a les paul again BAD, i love the 60's neck, but everytime i hear a prs i like the sound of it better, but cant find a neck on one i like..................uuuuuugggghhhh i will work my way to a tele sometime though!
but my strat on tweed......oooooohhhhhhh yea i get that warm fuzzy feeling...... never thought i would get this tone from a boogie!!

a buddie who is an amazing player and shredder who got into the country playing is bringing his tele over tomorrow. might have to do some recording!!

guitardom said:
my strat digs this amp,too, G'dom...chan 1 /tweed/variac/dimed-single coil./..oWWWW!not too many Stratsters around these parts!rejoice,rejoice!we have a voice!(hell, I am a LP man..but my Strat sounds muscular thru this amp..I think a lot of the thin complaints come from metal players...want a big tone,boys??give Hughie Thomasson a listen... )

i am a recovering ibanez addict. also a predominant metal player, but enjoy playing lots of stuff. i just decided one day it was time for a change. i still play my ibanez's most of the time but started getting into the likes of danny gatton, johnny hiland, even john 5 solo stuff, (chickin pickin in other words) but could not find a tele i liked!! necks are to big!!! and the ones i tried sounded HORRID through the road king. so i went to a strat, went through a few till i found 1 i liked, and enjoy playing it and was tolerable throught the road king. that is also when i bought my dr z. B-E-A-U-TIFUL amp imo. i have owned a few gibsons in the past and am wanting a les paul again BAD, i love the 60's neck, but everytime i hear a prs i like the sound of it better, but cant find a neck on one i like..................uuuuuugggghhhh i will work my way to a tele sometime though!
but my strat on tweed......oooooohhhhhhh yea i get that warm fuzzy feeling...... never thought i would get this tone from a boogie!!

a buddie who is an amazing player and shredder who got into the country playing is bringing his tele over tomorrow. might have to do some recording!!
yes,indeed....make sure you NEVER play a Tom Anderson Hollow T, or Cobra..unless you have $$ to burn/you will be hooked!-my Hollow T has an incredible neck on it-perfect for the twang thang, a la GAtton,Trovato,etc(its skinny neck as well...)...,but also rocks with a killer bridge pickup

Back