Suhr Modern w Aldrich pickups

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried a Suhr Modern 24 with the Aldrich pickups? If not, has anyone ever heard the Aldrich pickups?

Never tried the Modern but I have Aldrich pickups in one of my Les Pauls and they are amazing. Loud and clear....open sounding....my fav pickups currently available

The Aldrich pickups have become my fast favorite. They do it all. Cleans sound great!

John Suhr is a freakning genius and his stuff defies common understanding. The Aldrich pickups sound totally modern and in-your-face but have a sweet vintage mojo to them, too.

I've yet to hear of anyone who is unhappy with them.

I just got back from the guitar shop. I tried both the Family Reserve John Petrucci 6 string and the Suhr modern with the Aldrich pickups. Much to my surprise, I would take the Suhr over the Petrucci any day. What a great tone. It has bite and clarity where the Petrucci sounded very dark and a bit lifeless. Just my opinion.

How's the Aldrich humbuckers for metal playing (Dream Theater, Testament, old Metallica) ?

How would you compare them to DSonic or EMG:s ?

The Aldrich pups eat any other pickup alive....I've tried PRS, Dimarizo, Duncan, and even EMGs, numerous models of each...none of them did it for me.

Long story short, all my guitars now have the Aldrich pickups...what other people have said is true....they defy all logic, but sound OUTSTANDING! With gain, they are the fattest yet clearest humbuckers I've played. On clean, they as chimey as single-coils. I LOVE them.

Amen to that!!! I really like the Aldrich pickups and will eventually get rid of the EMG's in my other guitars.
These pickups have character unlike the EMG's and the solo tones are great!!!

Latest posts

Back