Styles of Music U play w/Mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MusicManJP6 said:
halfnote said:
Mark 1 mode w/out eq is amazing.

I see we have similar tastes. 8) Do you prefer THICK or NORMAL?

Thick. I don't know why it bothers me to have to turn the bass down to 2, it just does. I would like to be able to take advantage of a full spectrum on the eq controls. It reminds me of my old 5150. I could only turn the gain up halfway or it became noisy and unusable. It was nice to have all that gain on tap but what's the point if you can only use half of it?
I see it as a design flaw that came from the IV with the same issue. Not anything to make me love the V any less though.

Regarding channel 2 I would imagine that you dont have to turn the bass down low edge, but rather have the full turn, but for mark I because its built in eq and cap values that wont work with it. Can anyone find a sound they like with higher bass on mark 1?

ooo, and i think most amps are like that.. whats pleasing to you might only be a small range... so the marks take for ever to tweak, but provide different tones.. the 5150 sound like itself no matter where you turn the knobs

No amp in my opinion is as versatile (except for the roadking).

if you use the roadking cab, think about the possibilities with the mark v. No other company has an amp to compare with the V. For live playing musicians like me everything is covered. Here is an example of a real set played last week: "I saw her standing there" ch. 1 Fat, open c 90's RK cab "All right now" ch. 2 Crunch, closed v30's RK cab and Mississippi Queen ch. 3 mark II c+, triode closed v30's RK cab.
Simple, just footswitched, changed a speaker wire, or flipped a pentode/triode switch, literally just seconds. Beatles, Free and Mountain, amazing!! And the list goes on.....

Latest posts

Back