Studio Pre Tube Chart?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tube chart for the Studio Pre and which tube(s) control which function(s)?
I would like to reduce the gain on the lead channel a bit so that there is a wider range of gain (now lead drive on 2-3 = tons of gain). Perhaps substituting a 5751 or a 12AY7?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

According to the schematic I have and from my own tube-rolling experiences from L-R the tubes are: V1: input and tone stack, V2: rhythm gain stages, V3 Lead circuit drive, V4: Outputs. The solitary tube at the back is the 12AT7 for the reverb circuit.

For your purposes you want to change V3 for a lower gain one, an AU, AT or AY depending on your tastes - hope you find the sound you're after!

Nae bother!

Icidentally, see how your signature says you need to have your head examined? Does that mean you're insane or that your amp's broken =D ?

:lol: Insane? Depends on who you ask. Actually, I'm a shrink in my day job, so yes I probably do need my head examined! :lol:

Matt

Latest posts

Back