Studio 22+ volume falls down

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambalito

Reaction score
Goodevening everybody,

Happy to be here in this Forum for the first time,
and we live in the Netherlands.
We hope that someone can help us with this problem on our beloved Studio 22+.
The amp falls down suddenly after warming up to a very low volume and keeps switching between low and high volume.
Also after changing the tubes more than twice,the same problem accures sometimes after a week or a few days.
W've also have the tubefeets renewed and soldered in the electric board.
The amp is already 25 years old,but if it's oke ,there is really no better replacement than a newer boogie,mark 4or 5.
We hope to be able to get one of these in the future if we can spend the money.
But for now we really need this one for our santana tribute band.
Please help us out if somebody recognizes this problem.

many thanks and regards

sambalito

Sorry, can't help you, except to say that NOTHING replaces a Studio 22, they're the best!
Welcome to the forum, and good luck.
Bill.

This is most likely caused from a bad connection in the effects loop input jacks due to oxide and dirt. It is a "standard" problem on these amps, I had it on mine too.

Try putting a patch cable in the effect send/return and see if this helps. You can spray some electronics cleaner into the jacks to clean them, but it might not last forever. I never use the effects loop, and got tired of the patch cable hanging from the back of the amp, so I hard bypassed the loop by a simple soldering inside.

Greetings from Sweden!

Lot's of studio 22+ information on the board. review the archives or search them

Sounds like your effects in/out jacks need attention - by the way this is a very common problem with many amps from different manufacturers not just Boogie.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52668

and

Hi all
As you can hear hissing and noises from the reverb when tapping , the output section is not dead, and the output transformer is not fried (it may be damaged though)

You can test the output section by simply pluging your guitar into the effects return ...
If the output section is ok, than you'll hear the guitar sound, dull and not very loud, but that's ok. Only the master and presence controls will work then.
If you use a preamp or stompbox between guitar and effects return, it will even sound quite good

This little amp is absolutely worth having it repaired. I own one of those aswell and have always loved it.
I wish you good luck with that little gem

Best of luck with your amp

Hey, y'all, my studio .22 (1987) is having what I would consider a loop based problem and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?
The loop's fidelity is less than stellar. I've recently replaced the tubes, I'm assuming maybe a coupling cap, but I haven't really dug into it and figured i would ask and see if anyone else has seen/heard this?
The other issue is that when I have my Cathedral reverb in the loop, the reverb easily goes into self oscillation at the lowest of settings, and my Flashback delay doesn't sound as clear as I think it should. Combine the two, and it's even noisier. If I just plug a simple cable into to the loop and it's fine, I'm wondering what the deal is?

Thoughts?

NVBS

NunoVanBamSteen said:
Hey, y'all, my studio .22 (1987) is having what I would consider a loop based problem and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this?
The loop's fidelity is less than stellar. I've recently replaced the tubes, I'm assuming maybe a coupling cap, but I haven't really dug into it and figured i would ask and see if anyone else has seen/heard this?
The other issue is that when I have my Cathedral reverb in the loop, the reverb easily goes into self oscillation at the lowest of settings, and my Flashback delay doesn't sound as clear as I think it should. Combine the two, and it's even noisier. If I just plug a simple cable into to the loop and it's fine, I'm wondering what the deal is?

Thoughts?

NVBS

I have experienced this on a Boogie before! Take it to a tech. Mine was fixed for $50! A friend of mine had the same thing happen. I was told it occurs mostly when you never use the loop.

Latest posts

Back