Studio .22+ Sounding very small and thin

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Powers

Reaction score
So yeah, like the topic says, I bought this amp a few months ago and never really played it that loud until recently.

Anyways I find that it is extremely small sounding, and thin. Especially on the lead channel. I can barely get any bass in. I even tried playing it through a 2X12 marshall cab and it still sound small.

Wondering if the tubes might be causing this or if these amps just sound that way?

Anyone?

Thanks!

could be the tubes, BUT, does your have the onboard graphic eq? If not, i guess that's it. Mine doesn't have the onboard graphic and without it it sounds just like that - small, boxy, no bass. But, with it in the loop and dialed carefully (and escpecially thru a box) it sounds huge and great :wink:

Yeah mine does have the EQ. I guess I'll have to play around with it.

Do need to get the tubes changed I think though.

*edit, I stand corrected. I am a moron. It now sounds 10X it's size. Had to play with the EQ.

Max Powers said:
Yeah mine does have the EQ. I guess I'll have to play around with it.

Do need to get the tubes changed I think though.

*edit, I stand corrected. I am a moron. It now sounds 10X it's size. Had to play with the EQ.
don't call yourself a moron, it took me quite some time until i could get some good sounds out of it :wink: It's not the easiest amp to dial in, that's for sure. Check the manual, it's great and it also has some great starting settings...

Boogiebabies said:
Sounds like the Cop in Deuce Bigelow, it's not small, it's thin.

hahaha

Mrmot, yeah I checked it when I first got it. Just sorta thought it should sound big with or without the eq. Got it now though! It's awesome.

Back