Studio 22 content inside!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUS

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have been the happy owner of an Express 5:25 since 2007. I bought it to use only for small gigs, but have since discovered that it is quite perfect for me in any situation, as I never play without a mic/pa.

A few months back, I had a wonderful craigslist transaction, where I picked up a non EQ Studio 22, a radial Tonebone HotBrit, and a Boss RV-3 for the princely sum of $300. I sold off the pedals and was left with an amp to play with for under $100. It has been my at home practice amp ever since...never getting cranked.

I took it to church last night for band practice, and let our other guitarist use it in lieu of his AC-30. It was in the ISO booth behind the stage, and nobody else knew we had changed anything. I dialed in a nice edgy clean tone with the Volume and Master set around 6. I was blown away by the sound of this amp when things get to warm up a little bit! After the practice, our sound engineer was raving about his tone, saying it had more jangle and bite, and over all sounded meatier in the mix.

Cliff notes: Two Les Pauls playing through two Boogies sounds awesome.

I would also like to point out I saw a video of an interview with Randall Smith about the making of the TA 15. He mentioned the Studio 22, saying that it had "A lot of commonality" with the TA 15. Smith said many higher priced Boogies (including Marks) have borrowed certain elements from the lowly studio.

Hi JUS,
As a Studio 22+ (no EQ) owner, I really enjoyed reading that.
I bought an Express 5:25 about 18 months ago, intending to replace the .22 with a more versatile amp.
Ended up selling the Express. I've tried a lot of amps, and just can't find one I like better than this little budget tone monster. You sure got a bargain there!

Back