Strap suggestions - no, really

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't know where else to post this, so I put it here.

What's the best guitar strap out there? I know, I know, seems like a lame question, but think about it; a crappy strap for a heavy guitar can really ruin a night for you.

I've been using an old Music Man wide strap that uses a meshy fabric over the shoulder and I still love it, but it looks pretty bad with a couple of my guitars.

i wish i could think of the name of this strap but i can't. i got it at guitar center and i know they have it regularly stocked but it's not on their website.

it's such a great strap though. it's not leather but it has this super thick pad for your shoulder that makes holding a heavier guitar, like a les paul, so much easier.

Those padded straps are nice for Pauls.

I like Levy. They make some nice leather straps. Coupled with some Schaller strap locks, you can't go wrong.

I use Moody Leather straps on all my guitars. they are expensive but worth it...even better than the "padded" straps.

www.moodyleather.com

RB

those moody straps looks nice!! i've been looking for a good strap for my new les paul too.

I use the wide Moodys...I think Allison markets them as being made for bass...but they are about 4" wide and work great on my Les Paul Back Breaker. I use the narrow one on my acoustic.

they feel awesome...the leather is top-shelf.

RB

I might get one just to have it say Moody on it... :lol:

+1 for the Moody Leather straps. I've got three with the suede backing. I like that the guitars stay put when I play, instead of sliding around my shoulder, so I just relax and play. Plus, the weight distribution across the strap makes it so much easier on my back (and I use the 2.5" width straps too).

Russ said:
Those padded straps are nice for Pauls.

I like Levy. They make some nice leather straps. Coupled with some Schaller strap locks, you can't go wrong.

+1 I use the "Tri Glide" 3" leather strap on my Edwards EXP. Great strap, it's what Hetfield uses as well :lol: :lol: I also use the Boot leather 2 1/2" guitar strap for my Ibanez. It's got more padding, but isn't nearly as adjustable as the Tri Glide.

-AJH

i really like those dimarzio cliplock straps but i wear my guitars on the somewhat high side and they just don't shorten to the length i need :(

Eyeland Enterprizes are less expensive than Moody, solid leather and just as good IMHO, and come in a bazillion possible patterns and colors. The ones with the eyeballs looking at you from the strap are really cool, check them out. Typical prices are around $50 for a top-notch leather strap.

i cant stand nylon straps. they always seem to cut into the back of my neck and they hurt to hold a heavy guitar with. I only use cotton straps.

Latest posts

Back