Strange drawing inside Mark 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thurgood

Reaction score
Hello all been a while. I recently de-mothballed my 1988 mark 3, sent to shop for reverb issue (repaired) and noticed a little microphony. So I pulled the chassis replaced v1 and all good. However, when I was inside I re-noticed two small (1") red sharpie pictograms that look like Tao Te Ching do dads. (pictograms) or some intricate doodle. This amp is a black stripe with "R" initial on back and "MB" 1988 on chassis. I thought the "Doo dads" might be mirror writing as they both had what could be mistaken as a backward Y. Tried the mirror trick they still nmade no sense to me. I wish I had take a photo before I buttoned it up twice since I forgot to hook up the reverb Doah!! So I did not pull the chassis again. Anyway, do you fine folks have any idea who wrote them or what they may be. They are really cool looking.

The techs usually put their initials on the inside of the amps with marker during it's production, so I'm assuming that's what your're looking at. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the techs felt a little creative to draw 'doodles' inside the amp. Techs often do funny things in electronics that most people would never see.

The "R" you see on the back is there to show the amp has had the 'Reverb Mod', and the "MB" is Mike Bendinelli's initials (main tech at Boogie) signed after he saw the overall production of the amp before it left the factory.

Thank you. When I was young I worked for a guy who fixed among lots opf electronics, Philco tv sets. we found notes and all kinds of writing inside those things. I figured the drawing were some techs "mark" they are just so cool looking. I'will post pics when I can. Also, it seems my serial number 23xxx does not usually correspond to "black stripes" maybe they did not have a greem or whatever sharpie that day. Date of manufacture 9/1988. way past early blacks. Thougts?

Neptical said:
The techs usually put their initials on the inside of the amps with marker during it's production, so I'm assuming that's what your're looking at. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the techs felt a little creative to draw 'doodles' inside the amp. Techs often do funny things in electronics that most people would never see.

especially in the bay area :D

"I love you sweet leaf..."

Back