Strange 4x12 Half-Back

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ursinus

Reaction score
So I walked into one of my usual gear shops and saw a Older Mesa 4x12 Half-back cab with the metal grill, but it had 4-Celestion V-30's in it and what seemed like a newer switch plate that allowed you to plug into the cab in either top or bottom or both. The switch plate stated that it had the V30's, but looked newer than the cab. Have any of you seen this before. Looks pretty fishy to me. Did Mesa do this before they pulled the plug on this cab?

I have actually seen the 4 jack plate that lets you go stereo, mono, and through. As far as V30's it may possibly be a late production.

Looks like people upgrade and customize these to personal taste as I've seen V30 hb cabs as well.
As far as my knowledge and I've played them all, Mesa did not factory stock (even as an option) the V30 in the halfbacks so it's defintiely aftermarket.
From the early 80's - mid 90's, Mesa used Celestion MC-90's, EVM-12L 200 watters, and Eminence VINTAGE 50's and 150 watt MS-12's exclusively.

Mesa Halfbacks ROCK :!:

Latest posts

Back