stilleto 4x12 straight vs. standard recto 4x12 straight

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevilsEve666

Reaction score
hello i play modern metal and im looking into getting one of these cabs definitely the straight one of either, i want a tight yet big bass sound with sharp treble/some mids but somewhat scooped, someone told me the stilleto is actually tighter and sharper, and that the standard recto cab has "floppy" bass, (i don't like the word floppy describing a tone)

But anyway mesa boogies website raves on about how huge sounding and tight the standard recto cab is, and how its the only choice for someone playing metal....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

DevilsEve666 said:
hello i play modern metal and im looking into getting one of these cabs definitely the straight one of either, i want a tight yet big bass sound with sharp treble/some mids but somewhat scooped, someone told me the stilleto is actually tighter and sharper, and that the standard recto cab has "floppy" bass, (i don't like the word floppy describing a tone)

But anyway mesa boogies website raves on about how huge sounding and tight the standard recto cab is, and how its the only choice for someone playing metal....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

you answered your own question....

modern nu-metal = the standard cab for its big chunky bass.

HOWEVER, for the tones you are describing
tight yet big bass sound with sharp treble/some mids but somewhat scooped
the stilleto traditional cab is what you are looking for. it will give you that uber tight metal sound while still sounding big and thick. when i get a real job after college, one of these puppies will join my collection.

Back