Stilleto 4x12 Straight vs Recto 4x12 Slant?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfinator

Reaction score
I've heard that a Stiletto 4x12 sounds tighter and less boomy than a standard Recto 4x12 but I'm assuming this is based on the same configuration such as both slant or straight cabs.

I'm wondering how the Recto 4x12 slant compares to the Stiletto straight. It would appear that they would have roughly the same interior volume so I'd expect that they wouldn't be too different. I don't know if there are any other physical difference between them that would affect the sound.

Does anyone have any experience in comparing these?

I think the overall dimensions of the Stiletto is smaller and that is what give it the tighter sound. Not sure though. I have a Stiletto 4x12 slant and love it. Haven't played my Mark IV through anything else to compare it to though.

The Stilleto will still be tigher...However, several people claim that the Straight Stilleto has more bass than the Slant Stilleto. It would make sense because of the bigger inner space. But the Stilleto's I think are overall just tighter than the Recto cabs

Back