• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Still looking to buy my first Boogie!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needsmoregear12

Reaction score
If you all have read my last post, you already know that I love the tones you can get from the Mesa Mark III's and IV's. Problem is, they seem to be a bit out of my pricerange.

Ive never considered a rack setup until now. I found a Studio Preamp for $500. Is this a fair price? Also, on average how much is a good quality power amp going to go for, and then the price for a good cab? I have a feeling its going to get out of my budget very fast...

Do you know of any other preamps that are similar to this one? I really love the tones from it.

Im interested in anything that can get me a good Mark tone.

Please contact me and we can try and work something out.
Thanks!

What is your price range? I ask because this will probably dicatate any recommendations. The interplay between the power section and preamp is very important for what you're looking for. A good Mesa power amp (which is what you'll need) will run you between $300-$700 depending on what you get and what kind of deal you can find. Cab it depends too. 2X12 or 4X12? For a decent 2X12 you can probably get one from $300-$500 and a 4X12 from about $500 to $700 used. So you're looking at at least around $1500 for your set up.

I haven't read your original post, but I'm an advocate for the "old-fashioned" amp setup, whether it be a combo or a head/cab. Your cost will be similar either way, and you don't have to worry about rack cases, lots of cables, etc. etc.

Just my two pennies worth...

Wow. Yea my MAX spending is abour $1100. I dont want to go that high though. Id like to stay around $850-950.

Id really like a combo though. The rack setup was sort of an idea but the more I think about it, the more it daunts me...

Thank you both for your input :)

Latest posts

Back