Still having issues with the LSS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocksOff

Reaction score
Sigh... Still having issues with the tube rectifier. When I switch down to 15 or 5 watts on the LSS, the signal periodically cuts out. It seems the harder I play the more dramatic the cut-out. This IS the rect tube, right? I've already switched the thing twice. Same result. :?

I'm 99.9% sure it's the rectifier tube going out again. I went through a couple of them within a short period of time and contacted Mesa directly. In each case they sent me a free replacement tube as they know that this is an issue. I haven't had a problem in over a year now. I always carry a spare and fuses as well since you can still play on the 30w settings without the rectifier tube.

Cool... I figured. I heard some talk about a fix via Boogie. I would hate to have to send the amp in, but I guess if i have to i would.

Are you using a good NOS rec tube or are you using the modern crap?

A good vintage rec tube will cost no more than $20. In most cases that will solve the problem.

Apparently modern stuff won't handle the voltage. Makes me wonder if they designed the amp using NOS stuff. Why else would this be a problem? Anyways, to answer your question, I just ordered a JAN Philips 5Y3WGT. Should be here anyday. Ordered it from KCA NOS Tubes. I would imagine he has the good stuff. You think that will solve the problem, eh? I've heard that elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back