Stiletto or Dual Recto... that's the question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Dickenson

Reaction score
I'm nickel and diming my way to a new amp, and need some direction. I have a mark III, but want something different as well. I play Santana, Led Zep, Allman BB, Janes Addiction, Deep Purple and a little and I mean little Metal. All of which I plan to play through a 2X12.

Bruce Dickenson said:
I'm nickel and diming my way to a new amp, and need some direction. I have a mark III, but want something different as well. I play Santana, Led Zep, Allman BB, Janes Addiction, Deep Purple and a little and I mean little Metal. All of which I plan to play through a 2X12.

Stiletto

Have to agree with Barry :)

I've got both, you'll want the Stiletto for all the bands you mentioned.

I've heard some negatives about the stiletto's, do you think that they're worth the extra coin than a Marshall DSL 100? I already slapped myself for that, but I just need to know.

Bruce Dickenson said:
I've heard some negatives about the stiletto's, do you think that they're worth the extra coin than a Marshall DSL 100? I already slapped myself for that, but I just need to know.

You can get caught up a lot by negative and positive reviews. Personally I can't find anything I don't like about my Stiletto.. the rectifier on the other hand is in serious jeopardy of being sold :p

Best advice is to go play them yourself and try not to listen to what people are saying. Your ears are different!

Platypus said:
Bruce Dickenson said:

You can get caught up a lot by negative and positive reviews. Personally I can't find anything I don't like about my Stiletto.. the rectifier on the other hand is in serious jeopardy of being sold :p

Best advice is to go play them yourself and try not to listen to what people are saying. Your ears are different!

Thats good advice. Trust your own ears . Im with you on the Stiletto . I like it more than my RK . Dont get me wrong I still love the RK but the Stilettos voicing is more to my liking . I hope to try out a Stiletto Ace head at NAMM. Ive been using the RK and Duece with an amp switcher . Im considering a Mark IV head and a Ace head . . My 4X12 trad. cab is still an important part of my rig, that wont change .

Barry, are you using an A/B/Y switch? I was going to try running my Ace and Dual Rec together, curious how it sounds if you do.

Bruce Dickenson said:

i've had a dsl50 and now have a stiletto. btw the two, stiletto is better in all aspects

Platypus said:
Barry, are you using an A/B/Y switch? I was going to try running my Ace and Dual Rec together, curious how it sounds if you do.

Platypus.

I use the headbone by radial engineering . It allows me to use one cab and two heads . Im sure they make what you are after .The headbone unit is very nice , Very solid in its construction . By the way it was reccomended to me by Tim Mckee at mesa artist relations

DEUCE STAGE II
*cheaper retube,i retubed with euro tubes E34L's
*wont have to crank it as loud to get the powe tubes cookin
*about 100 bucks cheaper

Trident: 150/50 watt
Deuce: 100/50 watt

My Trident is for sale 8) along with the cab:

34Head.jpg

to resurrect an older thread - i've not found anything i really don't like with my stiletto deuce...most of my problems have just been tonal and figuring out what sounds good to me and what doesn't.

it's a sweet friggin amp, dude. just...sweet.

Hey man the stileto with your styles in music would suit you great. The Rectifer series is more for that modern hard rock sound, that will keep you beggin for more if you like that sound. The cleans are pretty week on the dual and triple rec, you would have to get some pedals and color your tone a bit.

Back