Stiletto Lead Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tre4J

Reaction score
This whole week I've been messing with some different tones on my new stiletto duece and I've kind of narrowed in on some lead settings I like with the loop switched off in the back.

I find that most of the time I have the treble and mids 9:00 or lower, otherwise the resistence is too much and as the volume goes louder it can get a biting sound, which I definately don't want.

I've also found many of the lead factory settings in the manual have quite a lot of presence and treble and it seems too much. What am I missing? By the way, I'm using a Charvel 750XL with Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and evo in the neck.

Can anyone share their settings for warm liquid lead tone, and if you are using the loop in, what do you set the master, output and solo levels at for a good live volume? I find with all the volume variables there is quite a bit of tweaking and what sounds good at low volume doesn't always sound right at high volume. Although the layout of the amp is simple, I am finding it is very tweakable too.

Problem is solved guys.

I exchanged the stiletto for a mark iv. I had a chance to rent both before I made my choice and for some reason I thought I liked the stiletto better, but after trying it more extentsively the week I've owned it, I was unable to dial out the abundence of mid range and treble. I felt I gave it a fair shot, it is a great amp, but for the warm, smooth liquid lead tones I was trying to get I realized I needed the mark iv.

Now to coax some tones out of this beast!

When I had the Stiletto Deuce... the tone settings that I had to get were really bizarre to make it even for me..

I had the lead channel set for 50 watts

Bass: 5 o'clock
Mid: 3 o'clock
Treble: 8 o'clock
Presence: 9 o'clock...

I preferred the spongy with the Stiletto, oddly, I can't stand it with my Triple..

I could be heard more clearly with the Stiletto than my prior amps... but I just prefer the Triple.. if they had the vice versa ability to use 6L6's... that may have changed my mind because of the voicing for the output

Latest posts

Back