Stiletto - How many Series I were made?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverwulf

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many of the Series I Stiletto's were actually made before they discontinued them in favor of Series II? With all the owners here, I'm sure we can try to get an idea. My Stiletto (Duece) falls in the 330 - 340 range in serial number.

Also, I'm checking with my amp tech on Monday about any mods he would be able to do. He's an authorized tech for lots of high end amp makers (including Mesa and Marshall), and he's been repairing, modding, and building guitars and amps for over 20 years. Every JCM 800 I've heard him mod has been amazing, and I've seen him get better results from just tweaking some things and swapping out a few caps and such than most guys who drilled holes, added tubes, etc. I have no doubts he would be able to provide something similar (or better) than the Hollywood Mod. I'll let you guys know what I find out next week.

Well, I don't know if I'd document exactly what he did out of respect for the guy and his work, but I'd gladly put you guys in touch with him... 8)

I've had mine for almost a year and my serial number is 709. GC must have bought a lot of these amps and they must have just sat around for a long time.

Interesting...from everyone here and elsewhere, I've not heard of anyone having a serial higher than the 900 range so far.

Very cool...I figured there was about 3000 or so floating around at best, which is still not a lot. THe highest I've heard of at this point now has been pushing 1900.

Are we sure the serial numbers are in order of when the amps were made? Meaning, the first amp is 0001, the second 0002, etc... Do we know that's how it works?

SgtThump said:
Are we sure the serial numbers are in order of when the amps were made? Meaning, the first amp is 0001, the second 0002, etc... Do we know that's how it works?

It's a pretty safe assumption, considering that's how all of their other amps are numbered.

Silverwulf said:
It's a pretty safe assumption, considering that's how all of their other amps are numbered.

Thanks, just checking. I actually didn't realize that's how all of their other amps are numbered too. Thanks...

Back