Stiletto Fuses question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djimakplon

Reaction score
I bought a Stiletto Trident used about a 8 months ago. I recently blew a fuse in my amp. I pulled the fuse and there was a 250 v, 2.5 A fuse in it. So I went to Fry's and picked up a pack of fuses that matched. I put one in and everything was fine, the first time I turned on the amp. But the next time I turned it on, the fuse blew. I repeated and the same scenario occurred.

So i decided to do a little more research. I pulled down the manual off the web and it says that I should be using 4A slo blo fuses. On the power side it says 120v, 60 hz, 4A. Yet when I look at the back panel of my amp it actually says 5A Slo Blo, and the power says 120v, 60hz, 5A. I am guessing the manual is mistaken.

My physics is a little rusty, but I seem to remember amps x volt = watts. So I should be able to use the fuse that I am using right? 2.5A*250v is approx. equivalent to 120v*5A. Secondly, is it fair to speculate that the blown fuses are a result of a bad tube?

Thanks.

The voltage rating on fuses doesn't have anything to do with their current capacity. The voltage rating is the poine below which they won't arc internally. Use 250V.

I'd be surprised if 4A wasn't sufficient - the TOVs and DRs speced 4A fuses and they have the same tube complement (or the possibility thereof, if you use EL34s).

Back