Stiletto Deuce with DI box

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insideout

Reaction score
Here's a quick sample I did. It's a Stiletto Deuce with attenuator taking full speaker load, and Palmer DI box (with cab sim) into Sonar. I just did the lead track to a downloaded backing track. The only fx on the lead track are reverb and delay. No external EQ - straight Deuce.

Deuce was on 50 watt, spongy, diode, channel 2, fluid drive. Master and output volumes at noon. Presence 8:30, Bass 12:00, Mid 11:30, Treble 9:00, Gain 1:00.

Click on this link to soundclick, and it's the first one on the list - Blues Ballad 1.

http://www.soundclick.com/insideoutUS

Although I'm not a fan of direct recoding/cab simulation I think you did a great work here. However I must say I prefer the guitar tone in your "Stiletto Jam" clip. I downloaded the mp3 more than a year ago and that song is always on my portable mp3 player! very enjoyable and relaxing too

ytse_jam said:
Although I'm not a fan of direct recoding/cab simulation I think you did a great work here. However I must say I prefer the guitar tone in your "Stiletto Jam" clip. I downloaded the mp3 more than a year ago and that song is always on my portable mp3 player! very enjoyable and relaxing too

Thanks man! I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed stiletto jam that much. I like the mic'd cab sound as well, but I gotta tell ya, doing it with a DI is SO much more convenient. Cranked amp tone with no room volume - no fussing with mic placement etc. I don't have a feasible way of isolating my amp, so before when I recorded, it sent my family (and several neighbors) running for the hills :shock:

Latest posts

Back