stiletto deuce brand new ,doesnt work NOW IT DOES!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbomb

Reaction score
just brought home a brand spankin new stiletto, and guess what

IT DOESNT F'ING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get the lights, the tubes glow,it channel switches,just no sound. its plugged into a tremoverb combo speakers , any suggestions i tried everything
the dealer i bought it from promises to make good on it,but i really wanted to play it all weekend. THIS SUCKS ***!!!!!!!!!

I know it sounds dumb but did you check the output knob maybe? Is your loop bypassed?

Platypus said:
I know it sounds dumb but did you check the output knob maybe? Is your loop bypassed?

+1

It sounds stupid, but it is usually the most simple item that you are overlooking. Step #1 in electronics troubleshooting is to check the setup (i.e. cables plugged into the right inputs/outputs, master/output controls levels, etc.).

Another thing that sounds way too obvious but many people overlook is reading the owners manual. Mesa writes probably the most detailed owners manual out of any amp manufacture I have come accross. Read the "getting started" and "helful hints" section, you probably just overlooked something minor.

Good luck to you, hopefully it's nothing major.

tried all that. even when i unplug the cord from the guitar i get nada.only when i crank up the master i get a little buz coming from the amp.seems like theres no signal comming from the amp.

Well, 1st off; How do you "plug into a Tremoverb combo speakers"? If the speaker cable were long enough, would'nt you plug the Tremoverb's speakers into your head? Please explain what exactly your doing here?

fuse ok. i do plug the tremoverb speakers into the head,forgive me for the confusing description. i took the loop out of bypass and turned the send control all the way up, with no effects hooked up and got abit more volume also wiyh the master maxed, but something is seriously wrong .will be taking it back to dealer on monday if it needs to go back to mesa they said they will give me the floor model till a new one comes in,i bbought the last new one in a sealed box. i hope it doesnt take long to get a new one. thinl i should call mesa to complain or let the dealer handel it? thanks for all your help guys!

I wouldn't call mesa to complain, let the dealer handle it this time. I know I'm unpacking my roadster at the store when it comes in just for this reason. If for any reason it has a problem, I will most likely go with something else.

Does anyone have any idea how many amps mesa builds in a month or what there production rate is? I don't think they are mass produced by any means. For this guy to get a new one in the box that doesn't work just bothers the crap out of me. At the rate mesa builds there amps I would think nothing can go wrong out of the box.

Minus, tube failures etc.............

As I understand it, all of their amps are play tested before they leave the factory. I can't think of what might be causing the problem but I would be willing to bet that it left the factory in working order. Hopefully the shop fbomb bought it from takes care of it. Mesa is a good company and I'm sure they'll do everything to get the problem resolved.

Shipping. Thats stuff gets some serious abuse sometimes. I'm surprised as much stuff DOESNT get damaged somehow. Its a well built amp, but no matter how its packed, falling out of a plane belly 12 feet off the ground cant be good. It happens. Trust me.

dude this may help, check your preamp tubes- for cracks, and if the tips are snowwed up.Ive been through this before when my roadster got here.

YES - check the preamp tubes. also had the same with a stiletto ace.

mesa should not knock the tubes with a hammer anymore, the tube might still work afterwards but maybe not so long ...

so doing this - buy some good ones (silvana, jj's)

I had the same issue, it was a cracked preamp. Call Mesa they will send you a new one...........

thats exactly what it was , a cracked preamp tube. the dealer RUSSO MUSIC in new jersey replaced it and checked it out every thing is ok now. check those guys out if u live in n.j.,they were very helpful. plus they carry alot of cool gear,half the size of guitar center and sam ash,but way cooler.thanx for all your help guys,im gonna go jam now.

all i can say is WOW KILLER AMP,iv been on channel 2 fluid drv mode and cant seem to leave it its so awsome. only thing wife on the rag and has a headache so i cant crank it to loud. but it still sounds bitchin.trying for a VH tone,anyone with a stiletto have any settings they would like to share?

fbomb said:
all i can say is WOW KILLER AMP,iv been on channel 2 fluid drv mode and cant seem to leave it its so awsome. only thing wife on the rag and has a headache so i cant crank it to loud. but it still sounds bitchin.trying for a VH tone,anyone with a stiletto have any settings they would like to share?

Try the spongy power with diode rectifier in tight crunch mode.

thats what i have except on fluid drv mode sounds abit better to my ears. the manual suggests chan 1 crunch for a brown sound i didnt like it to much.although i am playing at bedroom level maybe thats why.fluid drv i get alittle more kick and sounds bigger im guessing because of the xtra gain available.hell ive only had it for a few hours.ill give the crunch another try. thanks Plat

mike

fbomb said:
thats what i have except on fluid drv mode sounds abit better to my ears. the manual suggests chan 1 crunch for a brown sound i didnt like it to much.although i am playing at bedroom level maybe thats why.fluid drv i get alittle more kick and sounds bigger im guessing because of the xtra gain available.hell ive only had it for a few hours.ill give the crunch another try. thanks Plat

mike

The problem is the Stiletto is NOT a bedroom amp and is not happy this way, let her rip! :) Alternatively, turn on the FX loop and set your channel masters at gigging volume and the output as your overall master output... this makes it sound lightyears better if you're going to be playing at lower volumes.

You don't really need a lot of gain for brown sound, it just needs to have a lot of volume and less gain or it gets too saturated (like FD mode) in my opinion.

edit: I meant 'tite gain' the mode before fluid.

Latest posts

Back