Stiletto Ace vs Stiletto Deuce Stage II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_1234

Reaction score
Are supposed to sound the same or there is a difference in their tone or distorsion ?

Thanks

Dave

According to Chris at Mesa, they are voice exactly the same. The only difference is the output transformer (obviously larger on the deuce to handle 100 watts). I had the Ace for 3 months, and now the Deuce II for a week. I wasn't able to do a side-by-side comparison, but they sure sound pretty close to me.

So If I was first suppose to buy a Ace for its great sound, if I got with a Deuce I should expect the same effect should not be disapointed. Is that right ?

My opinion is that you won't be disappointed... however, you should try to play them both and decide for yourself. They sound pretty close to me. The Deuce seems a bit smoother, and the 100 watt setting obviously adds some girth. Both just sing like an angel to me 8)

To my ears, they don't sound exactly the same...the Ace sounds brighter/thinner (but not in a bad way) than the Deuce. There just seems to be more girth to the sound of the Deuce II. YMMV however

Back