Stiletto Ace-vs-F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnster

Reaction score
How do these 2 amps compare? I am looking at the 1X12 combo. I have an F-50 but cant seem to find an Ace around me to try. Is the clean on the Ace as good as the F-50? Some people claim that the F-50 is a 'jack of all trades and master of none'

Has anyone owned both?

Any thoughts would be helpful...thanks

Finnster said:
How do these 2 amps compare? I am looking at the 1X12 combo. I have an F-50 but cant seem to find an Ace around me to try. Is the clean on the Ace as good as the F-50? Some people claim that the F-50 is a 'jack of all trades and master of none'

Has anyone owned both?

Any thoughts would be helpful...thanks
Well, they completely different voicings, so if you lean towards British tone, then the Ace may be for you. Don't worry about the "Jack of all trades and master of none" comments. Every channel-switcher eventually gets labeled that way. :)

Is there something bothering you about the F-50?

The Stiletto has more features but I personally prefer the sound of the F-Series over the Stiletto. You just have to try them both. They are totally different amps

[Is there something bothering you about the F-50?[/quote]

I find it not 'cutting' through the mix very well. Maybe some better eq settings would help me. Partly is that my bandmates tend to play on the quieter side and the F-50 seems to sing best when cranked a bit.

Try these settings:
hal9000sF-SeriesAuditionSettingsrevA.jpg

If you're not using anything in the loop, this is a quick way to add an overall master so you can get the amp's channel master's up over 9:00 which is IMO where the amp starts to sing.

hal9000F-SeriesMixPotMasterRevB.jpg

A volume pedal, EQ, Multi-FX or equivalent in the loop will also give you an overall master.

If you haven't checked out the Mesa F-series lounge, please do so: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&perpage=100&pagenumber=1

Back