Stiletto Ace Ponderings...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Ace, but that is my complaint about it. I'd like a spring in there. I've been using a Kurzweil KSP8 with it for reverb, so no big problem. I have been disappointed in all reverb pedals. Thus, my current pedal is a Digitech--the cheapest. (Despite having all high end pedals for everything else.)
How much noise does the TRex add (hiss?). I'm sure it is true bypass.
I should just forget the pedal, and stick with the effects processor anyway.

It is like a spring verb so any effects rack will not be like a good spring verb. Quiet ? No noisy but never bothered me

Darn. Noisy. I gotta say that the Kurzweil does a wonderful job, but for spring--a real spring works best.
I've wondered how I could use the spring in my Fender Super Reverb, but haven't been motivated enough to figure that out.
I cannot tolerate noisy pedals. Probably because I often like a bright guitar sound (and the treble really makes the hiss noticeable). I got rid of an Analogman Bichorus and a returned a few EH, Line 6 and Boss pedals because of that.
I know I won't find a digital reverb option better than the Kurzweil, so that leaves a real spring as the only option.

I thought that one of the upgrades to the Series II Stiletto was the same reverb circuit as the Lonestar, or is that only on the Duece and Trident? Does the Stiletto Ace share the same reverb as circuit as the Duece and Ace or is it different?

is the routing architecture on the ksp8 open, or does it use fixed algorithms? i can't find any info on that thing.

inigo montoya said:
Read above Gig. The Ace has no reverb.

Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot that the Duece and the Trident don't have reverb either. It's been a while since I've played one.

Yeah, that is unfortunate that they didn't put reverb in it. The Lonestar (and now the RKII and Roadster) has a great reverb circuit.

The routing on the Kurzweil ASP8 is totally open. This thing is really fantastic. You would never need to buy another effects unit or plug-in (unless you want to go for a $10,000 Lexicon).
You can string any number of algorithms together and then you can change the algorithms.
http://www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/support.html?Id=452
Check that out for what you can do with the algorithms.
I have the ADAT 8 option allowing numerous channels from my DAW all carried digitally. I have a remote controller for the device that really allows you to modulate in real time.

Well, I suppose I could use a pedal in the loop, but...

Only ONE global loop. At least with the LS, you can set different reverb levels one each channel. And the loop isn't switchable.

I kinda think they blew with this amp--I was really looking forward to it, but, I'll have to investigate the Lonestar with EL34s for a "Brit" tone.

And with everyone raving about the reverb in the new RKII, the LS and the LSS, it makes me wonder what they were thinking.

:( :( :(

Guess you can't have everything. This amp is more versatile IMO than the LoneStar. True, a simple reverb would have been nice but it still wouldn't have come close to the Kurzweil. I would have been happy with a spring, though.

inigo montoya said:
Guess you can't have everything. This amp is more versatile IMO than the LoneStar. True, a simple reverb would have been nice but it still wouldn't have come close to the Kurzweil. I would have been happy with a spring, though.

HALLO.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father.

Prepare to dieeee.

[/thread hijack]

Back