Stiletto Ace Information please.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonchie

Reaction score
I currently own a 4212 (which I'm selling if anyone wants it). Its a nice amp and its cool to have a JCM800 and all, but when it comes down to it I don't like it. Awesome rythm amp but I can't get a decent fluid lead tone out of it to save my life. Even cranked it still has that bluesy edge, won't get past Zepplin territory really.

I need an amp thats vintage sounding and bright (I don't want dark metal distortion) but one that has enough gain to do a fluid solo (like Slash for instance, not to metally but enough gain to sustain and sound smooth).

I've been reading up on the Ace and it looks like an amazing amp. Vintage rythm tones, great cleans (anything is better then the JCM), and it has a fluid drive channel to do leads from what I see.

I'd like some personal opinions from you guys that own them. Will they do what I'm looking for? Also what do they go for for the combos or the head by itself, finding prices online is pretty impossible. I think we have a dealer in houston (an hour or so away) but I want to go in knowing whats a fair price, because they are notorious for ripping you off.

Also if some of you have some clips of some soloing on it thanks. I've searched ace and went back in the past 2 months and couldn't really find any clips of people actually straight soloing on it. Everything was pretty much rythm.

Thanks a ton.

Ace sounds perfect for you.

I know there's not too much in the way of soloing but hopefully this shows off the various flavors of the amp, bright/punchy/woody and also full of fluid gain for solos like you wanted.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/guitar/ace/

I'll try to get some searing lead type sound recorded if I have some free time.

bonchie said:
I currently own a 4212 (which I'm selling if anyone wants it). Its a nice amp and its cool to have a JCM800 and all, but when it comes down to it I don't like it. Awesome rythm amp but I can't get a decent fluid lead tone out of it to save my life. Even cranked it still has that bluesy edge, won't get past Zepplin territory really.

I need an amp thats vintage sounding and bright (I don't want dark metal distortion) but one that has enough gain to do a fluid solo (like Slash for instance, not to metally but enough gain to sustain and sound smooth).

I've been reading up on the Ace and it looks like an amazing amp. Vintage rythm tones, great cleans (anything is better then the JCM), and it has a fluid drive channel to do leads from what I see.

I'd like some personal opinions from you guys that own them. Will they do what I'm looking for? Also what do they go for for the combos or the head by itself, finding prices online is pretty impossible. I think we have a dealer in houston (an hour or so away) but I want to go in knowing whats a fair price, because they are notorious for ripping you off.

Also if some of you have some clips of some soloing on it thanks. I've searched ace and went back in the past 2 months and couldn't really find any clips of people actually straight soloing on it. Everything was pretty much rythm.

Thanks a ton.

The Deuce and Trident is certainly capapble of all the same capabilities .

Back