Stiletto Ace Combo 1x12 vs 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaticRoute

Reaction score
I'm considering picking up a Stiletto Ace Combo. Any difference tone wise between the 1x12 and the 2x12?

StaticRoute said:
I'm considering picking up a Stiletto Ace Combo. Any difference tone wise between the 1x12 and the 2x12?

The 2x12 is 1 louder.

I haven't tried the 1x12, but I like my 2x12.

I went with the 2x12 because I like to swap speakers and it's a lot easier finding 2 lower-wattage speakers than it is to find one higher-wattage speaker.

The 2x12 is noticeably heavier, even though it's just one more speaker.

Good luck.

Dr GearHead said:
1x12 = bad back
2x12 = broken back
That was my thought and why I choose an Ace 1x12. In fact, if I didn't mind a broken back, I'd probably have gone with the roadster 2x12.

I think for more headroom the 2x12 will travel further in a venue.

But that dont matter, If you play in places that use p.a's that mic up everything then the 1x12 is still recommendable.

All depends on what you need. I play in small - medium sized venues and they often dont mic things up so i picked a 2x12 combo.

Tried the Deuce as well but loved the Stiletto Ace which can get VERY loud. It looks and sounds like a 2X12 to me even though it's just 1X12...

I decided to go with the 1x12 since it was a little lighter and I have a 1x12 extension cab that I can use with it. I picked it up yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. My 1x12 cab has a private jack in it and it really complements the v30 well.

unless you don't mind lugging around the extra weight, I'd go 1 x 12. I base that opinion on the fact I have 1 x 12 and a 2 x 12 Stiletto cabs to use with my Ace. Sometimes I just use one or the other, and if I were blindfolded I'm not sure I could tell the difference b/w the two. Go for the back saver and you can always add an extension cab if desired.

Unless you are a truly small person or you are ill or elderly, you will never regret getting the 2x12. A great amp like the Ace deserves it and the sound is so much bigger through a 2x12. Better yet is a head and 2x12, and best of all is a head and 4x12....

Life is short. Go for the obviously better choice every time.

Well, there you have it. Some people prefer the 1x12 and others prefer the 2x12 (or more). Sounds like a decision that has to be made on idiosyncratic desires. Transport issues vs. fullness of sound.

I tried my 1x12 LSC next to a 2x12 at loud volumes, and actually liked the 1x12 sound better. So I picked up an extension cab. this set up really works for me, and I can throw the extension cab through another head if need be. my 1x12 is loud enough to kill small animals and children, so I rarley use the extension cab.

Back