Stiletto Ace 2x12 + Recto 2x12...Opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to get an extension cab for my Ace 2x12 combo. A new Stiletto/Roadster 2x12 goes for $589 and there is a 6 week+ build time. I haven't been able to find either in stock (even at GC; according to the salesperson they're not in stock in the whole chain which doesn't sound right...) or even used (my preference) anywhere. There's a mint used Recto 2x12 for sale local for $420. I know that the Recto cab is bigger than the Stiletto/Roadster; it appears it's about 4 inches wider; unsure if this would look weird with two inches of cab hanging off underneath of each side of the combo. I'm looking for opinions or experience with running the Ace combo with the Recto. Thanks.

Where you live? One for sale locally around me.

onelastrun2002 said:
I am looking to get an extension cab for my Ace 2x12 combo. A new Stiletto/Roadster 2x12 goes for $589 and there is a 6 week+ build time. I haven't been able to find either in stock (even at GC; according to the salesperson they're not in stock in the whole chain which doesn't sound right...) or even used (my preference) anywhere. There's a mint used Recto 2x12 for sale local for $420. I know that the Recto cab is bigger than the Stiletto/Roadster; it appears it's about 4 inches wider; unsure if this would look weird with two inches of cab hanging off underneath of each side of the combo. I'm looking for opinions or experience with running the Ace combo with the Recto. Thanks.

Back