Stiletto Ace 1x12 / No Reverb!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
I recently got a steal of a deal on Boogie's Stiletto Ace 1x12 combo. One small detail that I overlooked was that it doesn't come equipped with reverb! I'm sure that wouldn't have been a deal-breaker for me, but I still prefer an amp with internal reverb. Doesn't matter now. One question I have though is:

What would you guys use for reverb on an amp that doesn't come equipped with it?

I'm still feeling this amp out, and haven't decided if I like it as much as a Nomad 55 1x12 combo that I once had. So far it hasn't gotten close to that tone. If all else fails, I may go trade it for the Lone Star.

What are your ideas on this?

A gforce in the effects loop, so you can get reverb as well as modulation (chorus, flange) and eq in your tone.

Wow, that Mr. Springy pedal is a great sounding option for reverb! Just went and listened to it on-line. It would easily do the trick.

It's just a **** shame that I have such a huge hankerin' for the Boogie Lone Star!!! Well, you may ask: "Then why in the hell did you get a Stiletto Ace?!" That's simply because I found such a great deal on one. I paid literally about half price of retail! And it's like new. It is a really decent sounding amp, but I just seem to be more of a 6L6 guy, plus I have a huge pet peeve about amps having reverb! I just think that reverb should be a must-have in any amp period. Reverb is the must-have effect! All others are just icing on the cake.

Anyway, I have a vision that I'll be trading my Stiletto Ace for a black Lone Star 1x12 combo in the very near future!!! Guitar Center generally screws you on trade-ins, but what the hell?! I've done it before! Plus I look at this thing as an investment, even though I'll really just be breaking even once I have the Lone Star in my hands!

Yeah I took a look at both amps when I was deciding on what MESA to pick up. I went with the LSC because of all the features, and I dig the classic fenders, with big cleans. I must say though I have been looking for a cheap stilleto duece. I dig the gain channel.

The no reverb thing really turned me off, but in retrospect I would just slap a pedal in the loop at all would be fine.

Keep the Ace and save up for a LSC and A/B them. You'll regret getting rid of the Ace

Back