Stereo set up with MkV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it recommended to run the MkV slave out into a 20 or (at most) 50 watt stereo power amp? My reason for asking is because I'm in a band where I'm the only guitar player and to help fill in the sound I was thinking to run a stereo set up but without spending more on a 100w (I have a load box that can deal with the extra unneeded volume). I have no experience with this type of set up so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

load box is cool...but Slave out comes after pre-amp but before the powertube section..so as long as you have a load/load-box connected to your speaker out on your Mark V, do whatever you want with Slave out and use the Slave Out Volume knob carefully.

The Slave out is actually after the power section (parallel with the 8ohms outputs and with a volume pot). The Mute out is from the preamp.

screamingdaisy said:
Would it be feasible to simply run a second cab over to the opposite side of the stage and power it off your head?

Most definitely, but because I am attempting to thicken the sound I wanted to use stereo for certain effects, like delay for example...

Would I be able to go from the slave out, into my 2290, and then out to the stereo power amp?

sonancestudios said:
screamingdaisy said:
Would it be feasible to simply run a second cab over to the opposite side of the stage and power it off your head?

Most definitely, but because I am attempting to thicken the sound I wanted to use stereo for certain effects, like delay for example...

Would I be able to go from the slave out, into my 2290, and then out to the stereo power amp?

Yes, but be careful of the gain on the slave out. It is basically a line-level output that is tapped off of the output transformer. I'm running a stereo rig right now, but I am doing it at the effects loop: loop send to processor, channel one of processor to loop return, channel two of processor to second (rackmount) power amp.

sonancestudios said:
screamingdaisy said:

Yes, you would. Should sound excellent too. Also experiment with running it off the effects loop send.

EDIT: SteveO beat me to it.

Yet another question! :)

No matter what I do, do I still have to have a cable from my 8ohm speaker out connected to my load box?

sonancestudios said:
Yet another question! :)

No matter what I do, do I still have to have a cable from my 8ohm speaker out connected to my load box?

The Mark V will need to have some sort of load on it's power amplifier.

Latest posts

Back