stage 1 trident noise question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianjdc

Reaction score
how much hiss is normal with the trident in tite crunch mode? i'm used to my roadster which is dead silent. when i turn up the trident it almost sounds like an osscilating white noise in the background. thanks

not yet. i just had to replace every other tube except the preamps. so i was trying to make sure it wasnt just the way the head was before i bought a new set. any recomendations?

Only change one preamp tube at a time till you find the bad one ... if that is the problem ?

Never change all of them at once when looking for a problem.

cool. thanks for the advice i'll grab a preamp and see if i cant work it out. i do have a feeling that if it's a tube problem it's probably more than one. the was an incident with the head and shipping. alost all the other tubes (power and recto) were smashed

You may as well order a set of pre and possible power tubes at your disposal for not only troubleshooting problems down the road but also a fresh sound if you decided to go NOS. I would certainly recommend you replace your 5u4g rectifier tube while your at it. It will certainly tighten up your sound and also changing the sound. I can vouch for that.

well all the power and recto tubes are brand new i replaced when i got the amp. what preamps do you guys recomend?

and yep ups strikes again!

brianjdc said:
well all the power and recto tubes are brand new i replaced when i got the amp. what preamps do you guys recomend?

and yep ups strikes again!

in my trident i use mainly JJ preamps but we put in an electro harmonix preamp in the first spot, and it really opened my trident up. :]

Latest posts

Back