SRV sound with a MK IV....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleguitar

Reaction score
Hello Boogie's brothers, what is the best way to achive SRV's clean/crunch sound for you ? except changing amp.
I'm not able to do that with my Mark V :mrgreen: , sorry my Mark IV for instance....and always what happen...
Right now, I think buying a Scott Anderson RC Booster Xotic and use it on my clean channel.
I'm really in heaven with my actuals settings for clean, crunch and lead and use EL 34s on the outsides sockets but those settings
are not good with the neck PU of my JB strat.

Everyone's right on this one. Depending on what he was doing he had a rotation of the following amps Marshall JCM 800, Marshall Super Lead, Marshal Super P.A., Dumble 150w Head, Fender '64 twin, 2 Fender Vibroverbs.

I haven't seen a great SRV sound out of my Mark IV. I believe my Roadster, and possibly even the F-30 with a tube screamer had closer to his sound.

An interesting note on SRV is that he would often use both his Ibanez Tube Screamers at the same time. Not sure what settings he would be using for this set up, but thought I would mention that.

Thanks
Mike

He did two things with his VOX wah's that were interesting.
He would duct tape them together and use them as one for parts, and he would also activate both at the same time but in different directions. Apparently this gave a really weird out of phase sound.

thanks
Mike

Neck pickup, clean channel, volume + gain on 10, treble on 10, bass and mid set medium/low, tone on the guitar on about 2/3, high-ups on the graphic set flat, boost the bass and mids.

Works pretty good for me, if you use EL-34s and the either of the crunchy channels I think you'll find the tone to be too brittle, but see for yourself. If you stick a boost/TS or something in there with just a touch of drive you'll have a meaty meaty meaty combo!

*BTW those settings are what I use with a Telecaster...but I'm sure it wouldn't be tough to translate into Strat :)

i'm still looking for the best OD to kick R 2.....

May be a Mark V :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back