Speaking of Footswitches....MkIIB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acorkos

Reaction score
I built a footswitch for my IIB....3 buttons, 1 mono jack, 1 stereo jack. 3PDT main channel switching switch, with an LED, like the stock factory pedal. 2 additional SPST switches, controlling EQ and reverb, fed by a stereo jack. I incorporated 2 micro toggle switches, one for EQ, one for reverb...when the toggles get flipped, they assign the EQ and/or reverb switching to the main channel switch. In other words, toggles up and all 3 switches work independantly. EQ toggle down and the EQ kicks on when in lead mode, EQ off in clean mode. And Reverb toggle down and the reverb stays on in clean mode, off in lead mode. Both toggles down, stomping the main switch gives reverb on only in clean and EQ on only in lead. nifty....

sounds pretty cool. pics? :) I recently got a mark3, I'll need something between now and when I get my project's prototype...

i only have the original footswitch that came with the mark2b i have...

and it still works fine...

but only was ever setup to channel switch.

i have the GEQ

but i thought that this was not switchable.....

i'd love to have a switch that did both channel switching, and eq in/out

here are the pics:

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

cd47_3.jpg

Awesome looking switch! I've been thinking about doing the same for my IIa, but hadn't got around to it. Those toggle switches are a great idea, also.
I was thinking about trying to do it with one cable run, but I need to find shielded 4-conductor cable and don't have any idea where to look. In my case, it would be ground (shield), rhythm/lead, reverb, and gain switching. I hate having two cable runs from the pedal to the amp.
Anyone who knows where I can get shielded 4 conductor- I would be appreciative.

so...
how DO you wire a switchbox for turning the EQ off and on, if the only switchbox i had originally, was only wired for channel switching?

is it possible?

gonzo said:
how DO you wire a switchbox for turning the EQ off and on, if the only switchbox i had originally, was only wired for channel switching?

you would have to drill a couple of holes...one for the EQ stompswitch and one for the jack to connect to the EQ jack on the amp. you end up with one box, 2 stomp switches and 2 jacks.

or if you want one switch to switch both functions at the same time, you have to replace the SPST stompswitch in your box with a double pole switch and wire it to switch channels and EQ on/off simultaneously. and you would need to add a second jack to connect to the EQ jack on the amp

i have a '81 mark 2b, 60 watt, with GEQ.

no reverb.

the original switcher was a single switch for channel switch only.

here's a shot:

the original IIB manual says you have a mono 1/4" jack on the underside of the chassis that allows you to connect a guitar cable and single footswitch to turn on EQ functions remotely. have a look...bottom of page 3:

http://mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark%20IIb.pdf

...and have a look at the underside of your chassis

ah.....
very interesting.

all this time, that never dawned on me to use a second setup.....

i actually use the eq a bit backwards from most...

i use the "V" cut, for rhythm...

then shut the EQ off for solo's.

it basically becomes a 'lead boost' if i have enough cut on the V, to actually be louder with the EQ out...

so for live work, i could simply add another 1/4" cable, another switch, and turn it into a solo boost.

hm.

thanks for finding that blurb there...... can't see the forest for the trees, i can't.

any simple on-off type footswitch will work

or if you want to mod your original footswitch, you would need to replace the stock stompswitch that with one having another set of poles (DPDT or 3PDT) and replace the footswitch box jack with a stereo jack....you'd then need an insert cable....stereo plug on one end into the switch box, 2 x mono plugs on the other end, one for the channel switch jack on the amp and one for the EQ on/off under the chassis. you could wire up the new stompswitch inside the switch box to turn off the EQ when you switch to lead channel.

gotcha.
that'd be the cleanest way to do it.

i don't think i'd mind two seperate switches tho, with the two cables.
i gotta dwell on that one.
thanks for sharing all that info....

your setup got me thinking, gonzo....

i'm gonna add a second micro toggle on the EQ side to switch between EQ on clean/lead when the 1st toggle is combining the EQ on/off w/the main switch.

yep...
that makes sense.

got more options that way...
because it'd be cool to switch it there, without having to do it at the amp.

Back