Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Moon Rising

Reaction score
Does eveyone on here use stock Speaker cabs? I use a Marshall 1960A that had G12t-75 Celestions, but i was never happy with the clean tones i could get, and one of my old boss' was a Jensen distibutor. He let me bring my rig to work and try different speakers after hours (and let me buy them at cost too). I'll say they blew my mind, i love the way they sounded, my clean sound was suddenly clearer (and i didn't even touch the EQ!)

I ask because i've heard people complain about fizz and using tube screamers to "tighten the low end" and remove the mesa "low end , woof". But i don't recall ever having those problems. i never thought about it until i bought a V30 at a flea market and did some test recordings with it. There was a weird low fequency that annoyed me, and i wondered if that was what people talked about.

I'm dying to get a Mesa cab but i love my Jensen speakers, I'm currently using 2 C12N's and 2 J12-70's in an x pattern and it sounds awesome.

I Just want some other perspectives

Thanks

That's very cool you love the Jensen's, they ARE nice drivers. Personally the cab I heard them through was a little on the bright side for my tastes.

I use Mesa halfbacks exclusively and they are SWEEEETTTT !

Latest posts

Back