Speakers in DC-3 help needed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captian Chaos

Reaction score
Hiya

I have a lovely little Dc-3. It currently has a Black Shadow 50watt speaker in it. Is that std. Everyone else seems to talk about vintage 30's. I also find I have my treble up full all the time. Is this a particularly dark speaker i have in. If I change it is it best to go to a vintage 30 or are there better options??

cheers

Matt

I have an Eminence Wizard in my DC-5. It's a much brighter (and louder) speaker than the C-90 that it came with.

I have a dc-2 with the same speaker; pretty sure that the black shadow 50 watt is standard in dc2/dc3 amps. I have an extension cab with the c90 black shadow and that speaker sounds great with this amp.

I have a later DC-3 (1998) combo and it came stock with a Vintage-30. For quite a few years I played it exclusively through various closed back cabs, the V-30 sitting unused. Over the past couple of years my tastes have returned back to blues, Beatles etc, my EQ has escaped from the sharp "V" shape and I have fallen in love with the V-30.

So anyway, I vote for giving a V-30 a try. One of these days I do intend to try adding a Theile.

Latest posts

Back