Speaker options in a LSS 1 x 12?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robberns

Reaction score
Curious if anyone out there has swapped out the Mesa Black Shadow in the LSS for something else?
Any idea what the Celestion equivalent is for this OEM speaker?

I'm curious about that, too. I read on harmonycentral.com some guy swapped stock speaker for celestion vintage 30's (instead of the c90s in there now).

He claimed it really opened up the amp. Go to harmony central, user reviews for the lss 1x12. There aren't that many reviews, so you should be able to track his down.

Let us know results.

I have made the switch to a Celestion Blue Bulldog. The sound is now more tight in the bass and very "transparent", especially in clean settings, great dynamics. For me it was worth the money!

You have to take into account that this speaker is rated at 15 W, so if you use only one speaker, make sure you don't go higher than the 15 W setting on the LSS. Even at 15 W, the amp is still loud enough for many situations. For larger clubs, I use the amp with an extension cabinet (Mesa 1 x 12, open back w. another Blue Bulldog).

I just put an Eminence Texas Heat in my LSS. Had to shoe horn it in due to the fan on the chassis, but it fits.
Hard to tell how much of a difference it made since I can't A/B them, but it seems to tame the high-end a bit.

Back