Speaker for Studio 22+ ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngteleblues

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a 12" speaker for my newly aquired Studio22? Not looking to spend a fortune. I usually like deep lows, smooth highs and not too heavy on the mids. For Blues/Jazz type stuff. I am curious about the newer Neo type lightweight speakers. Suggestions ??

ngteleblues said:
Can anyone recommend a 12" speaker for my newly aquired Studio22? Not looking to spend a fortune. I usually like deep lows, smooth highs and not too heavy on the mids. For Blues/Jazz type stuff. I am curious about the newer Neo type lightweight speakers. Suggestions ??

Mojotone British Vintage speakers are excellent. They are around $70-$80 Made in USA. I have a BV-30V that I really like. Sounds quite a bit better than the stock "Vintage" speaker in my DC-2 (which really isn't all that bad). Several people on the board have made good comments about the BV-30H with Caliber amps too. Mojo's are used in many "boutique" amps like Savage, Swart and Port City

To give you an idea of what I'm comparing the Mojo against. I also have two other Mesa 1x12 Ext Cabs. One has C-90 and the other has an EVM. The Mojo is every bit as good as a Celestion if not better. I really like the EVM, but the Mojo is probably my favorite all around speaker.

+1 on the above response. I almost got the Mojotone BV speaker-Their customer service is phenomenal as well. I ended up getting the Celestion Black Shadow mC90 as I got a great deal on one-I'm very happy with it for cleans, blues and jazz, and it takes some of the harshness out of the gain channel and adds a little more headroom. I found the stock speaker to be all mids and a little ratty-sounding. EV's are nice too, but VERY heavy, and I have heard good things about the Neos. Bang-for-buck wise, though, the Mojo is hard to beat, and the Celestion Black Shadow also is a good deal for a non-Chinese Celestion, and either one will make your Studio truly "Boogie."

I used an Eminence Private Jack in my 22+ and now it's in my DC-2. It took ALL the boxiness and harshness out of the equation. I'm dying to try some of the Warehouse Guitar speakers though. The Veteran 30 is supposed to a really good speaker and I'm really intrigued by the ET-65 because of the low end.....ahhhh, so many choices!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back