Speaker combination for Rev G

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SithLordChris

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just picked up a Rev G Triple Rectifier and i'm curious what speaker combinations you all use with yours. Currently i'm running it into a Mesa 2x12, however the original owner swapped out the Vintage 30's for some Egnater Celestion speakers. I have one Vintage 30 in another cab i'd like to swap into the 2x12, but i'm stumped on what to pair it with. So far on the list is a Celestion Redback or a H75 Creamback. Sound wise I play mostly hard rock, punk and hardcore. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I use two 4x12 side by side with my Tremoverb (Rev G).
Slant H30 top / Vintage 30 bottom.
Straight greenback top / Vintage 30 bottom.

K100 and Vintage 30 is a good combination.

stephen sawall said:
I use two 4x12 side by side with my Tremoverb (Rev G).
Slant H30 top / Vintage 30 bottom.
Straight greenback top / Vintage 30 bottom.

K100 and Vintage 30 is a good combination.

I hadn't considered the K100! I'll look into that. How do you like the H30?

I like the H30 a little more than the greenback. The nice thing about the H and greenback is they get speaker breakup at very low volume.

I play a very wide range of musical styles. So these cabinets fit the way I play. I've been using these cabs for decades and they are completely broken in. I use them with my Tremoverb, Mark IV and Heartbreaker.

I would be very interested in trying the Red.

What Egnator speakers do you have ?
My understanding is he has the 75 and 100....the 100 is the 100K.

https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/speaker-12-fillmore-fm-75-8-ohm.html

This is what you want.

stephen sawall said:
I like the H30 a little more than the greenback. The nice thing about the H and greenback is they get speaker breakup at very low volume.

I play a very wide range of musical styles. So these cabinets fit the way I play. I've been using these cabs for decades and they are completely broken in. I use them with my Tremoverb, Mark IV and Heartbreaker.

I would be very interested in trying the Red.

What Egnator speakers do you have ?
My understanding is he has the 75 and 100....the 100 is the 100K.

I'll have to watch some videos on both of those speakers. The K100 seems like it might be up my alley. I was really interested in the Redback since a lot of people said it has a thick but not boomy low end with a ton of bite.

I believe the speaker in the cab is the Elite 80 Egnater By Celestion speaker. I'll have to double check on that. It doesn't sound bad at all, but I notice huge difference in versatility when I play through a cab with Vintage 30's.

Thanks for the feedback!

Markedman said:
https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/speaker-12-fillmore-fm-75-8-ohm.html

This is what you want.

Super intriguing! I'll have to check them out! Not bad on the price side either.

Latest posts

Back