Speaker cabinet poll

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What sounds better to you?

• 1x12 Thiele

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2x12 Roadster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

6L6C

Reaction score
I’m curious what everybody thinks, I’m not concerned about size or weight just tone
Sorry should have included although I play a little of everything I fall a bit on the heavy side and like the cabinet sound.

And what speakers do you prefer in which ever cabinet you prefer?

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!

the teile cabs sound dangerously good,I use my one with my dual rec three channel and it sounds like hedes has come up from the underworld and started shouting and screaming on a a bad day,these babies are badass!!!!!!

get one if you ahvent already got one!!

just to reinforce the point about the thiele cabs

I was playing my dual rec through my 1x12" theile last night at a show,the engineer came up at the end shook my hand and said 'great gear swap,how much was the cab?that thing is the best cabinet I have ever hear'

He has been doin live sound for 30+ years with some big names,he has all his degree's ans what not but he is now away to buy himself a little thiele badboy,I used to use Mesa Nomads as well and he liked the sound I had from them but he was really taken aback by the little man

The best of it was before the show he was mocking my little 1x12" purple suede cabinet,that'll show um!!!!!

Size doesnt always matter

I haven't tried the 2x12 Roadster, but had the 2x12 Recto. It seemed to be a little too boomy for my tastes.

I have a hardwood Thiele now and didn't like it at 1st, but the problem was not my cab. My amp had develloped a few issues at the same time that I bought the cab, so I blamed the cab.

:D :D :D Now that I fixed my DC-3 combo, it sounds naked without the Thiele added. Just the right amount of bass and tons of clarity. :D

I bought an Earcandy 1X12 Sov a couple of years ago, totally smoked my Thiele and open back Mesa cabs. For a 1X12 it's got a very heavy bottom end.
It is does not sound anything like an open back, so if you like that sound you wouldn't like a Sov.
Louder and tighter bottom end than the Thiele 1X12.

For my Soldano head, I use an old Recotoverb I cabinet with a Weber Thames speaker. I blocked off the front where the amp used to go and cut the back so that it can be 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or fully open. It sounds very nice.

Back