Sounds from a Trem-O-Verb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
All you fellas with Tremoverbs... what are your settings? Something Metallica-esque. I just can't seem to dial in a sound I'm completely happy with. :(

that's why I traded mine away, was a great, versatile amp, but I could never get MY sound out of it. It always seemed just out of reach with that amp.

I was basically thinking that. I'll either figure out how to dial in my settings (if anyone's got a setting for me, e-mail me--Foo Fightery, Metallica-y, etc.) or I'll sell it to get a JCM 900. I know they're two different breeds, but if the 900s got some decent gain on 'er for gigging and what not... it might have to be it. The clean channel on the Rec is just so **** good... and if you check out Hetfield's equipment list he's got one in his rig, so I mean... it's gotta be in there.

Yeah, the TOV has the sweetest clean channel I've ever played on, so natural and beautiful sounding, with a hint of breaking up, and amazing for single not passages. The distortion is where I couldn't get it to agree with me or my guitars. I ended up trading it for a Mark III blue stripe with 2 1x12 cabs, and almost kept the Mark III, but I couldn't justify 3 boogies (but i did keep the cabs :wink: ) . the JCM 900 is a different beast, but there's nothing wrong with it, and if it gets your sound then that's all you can ask for.

I'm also having some possible problems with it... I posted 'em on the Orange Forum and I haven't gotten a completely strong answer yet, but my tubes are running really hot and getting really bright less than 20 minutes into playing it. Could anyone tell me what to do about that? I'm so new to tube amps it's ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back