Sorry, the RK Cab has to come off..........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyStrat

Reaction score
I just love swapping out different tubes but the cab sure gets in the way. I couldn't even see V1 from the back, I had to feel around for it which was a real pain. Without being able to see the pins, I accidentally bent the pin sockets on the board for a few pre-amp tubes.

My solution: Off comes the cab & all the tubes are easily accessible from the top. I can now see whats going on. Oh yea, turn the lights down and get inspired by the orange tube glow.

Changing tubes has now become fun for me again. It's OK, no kids or anybody to touch anything hot. She doesn't need a cab cause I don't take it out gigging. Bet I can change my V1 faster than you. :D
MBRK1NoCab001.jpg

MBRK1NoCab002.jpg

that cab is NIIIIICEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! do you remember how much extra it was for the white tolex, if you don't mind?

I think it was a $150 upcharge for the head & $150 for the speaker cab. I keep my baby's clothes ready just in case I wanna take her out in public. It's Vanilla Bronco.

Nice, only 150 for the shell? They quoted me like 380 or something ridiculous for what I wanted. :(

According to Pro Net, it's approximately $150 for the head. When I called Boogie to get a quote on a replacement shell for my Mark IV it was quite a bit more. I think when you order up fromt you only pay the incremental difference. If its a replacement, you pay the full boat.

Man, I just cracked a V1 tube trying to get the stupid tube cover back in place. Mind telling me what you did to get it out of the cab? Conversely, can you just take the front cover off?

I think you would have to destroy it to take the front off. That's a good idea, but I wouldn't want to destroy my head shell, maybe I could just build something with front access. With the head chassis like it is, I don't have the reverb tank. I don't do reverb anyway. Just about every tube amp I've seen is very inconvenient to get access to the tubes for changing. Getting on the floor with flashlights & there's really only room to stick your hand in. You have to grope around, twist tubes before inserting & all this without seeing what you are doing. Next, the Mark IV is gonna be getting naked.

On the heads, there a 4 long phillips screws to pull the chassis out of the shell.

Back