Soon to be a new Mark V owner (can't wait)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prodrigu

Reaction score
I have demoed many times in my local store and now I am going to buy one, just a matter of days. I simply loved that thing, Having said that, I normally don't believe much on the saying "it takes a lot of tweaking thing" but I've got to admit the Mark V made me believe on that. I did have to tweak quite a lot but the results I got were amazing, they really were.

For the longest time I had been debating whether to get the and Express or the Mark V (yeah I know two very different beasts), sometime ago I walked into this same shop and left with the custom color Express, now I am also scratching myself to get the Mark and could not be happier.

One last comment: for some reason I did not like the combo version. Perhaps my "tweaking" was not good enough on that but the results I got were not nearly as good as the head through a 4x12 rectifier cab.

Here is a picture of the Express, when the Mark arrives I will update this thread with pictures of it too:

photo_2.jpg

Congratulations on the new amp! I am also waiting at this point - I have a Mark V combo on the way, due to arrive on Monday.

The voicing of an open back 1x12 combo enclosure is very different from a sealed or ported enclosure more so if that enclosure has 2 or 4 speakers. Even with settings to compensate the two will continue to sound quite different. It does seem as though the ported or sealed 2x12's and 4x12's are more popular with this amp. I've always preferred 1x12 combos myself and the oversized Mesa 1x12 enclosures sound great to my ears. It's noce that there are options to suit everyone! :)

Back