Some triaxis questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocki

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for reading this! I have a Mark IV wich sounds great! but I want some more channels/sounds. so i'm saving up for the Triaxis. i got half of the oney allready and selling some stuff to get the missing money.
my questions about the Triaxis are:

How are the 5band EQ presets? are they usable? or shoul i use a second midi switchable eq for it?
Does anyone know how the triaxis sounds with the mark IV as poweramp? should i use it in the fx return or with the input and the clean channel?
The FXreturn is before the 5 band eq so I could use that one to!

what do you guys think abot this. its only for when i have the triaxis. i hope to sel the mark IV to buy a 2:90 but if it sounds good this way i could keep it.

Nocki

I can't help you on the eq presets, but I'd definitely use it into the effects return. That's the only way to avoid running through an extra tone stack.

Definitely the Efx Rtn....U can use the eq on Mk IV to shape yr tone manually.The DV on TA is useless.I always use the boss eq with the TA.

The MK IV power section is SimulClass :p Juz like the 290.I think u can get the MK IV tone with the TA connect thiz way.And i believe the 4 switching jacks on the TA is able to control the EQ jack,etc.. on the MK IV.

Thank you!

That was what I had in mind. didnt know how it would sound.
hoping to find a Triaxis soon!

Nocki

I have both the TriAxis and Mark IV, and I would strongly advise you, do not sell the Mark IV. That would be a BIG mistake IMO. I can't comment on how the TriAxis will sound through the Mark IV because I run my TriAxis through a 50/50 stereo poweramp. You should just use the Mark IV poweramp section for as long as it takes to get a stereo poweramp and speakers so that you can take advantage of the stereo capabilities of the TriAxis. They are both great amps and I wouldn't want to have to sell one to get the other.

t0aj15 said:
I have both the TriAxis and Mark IV, and I would strongly advise you, do not sell the Mark IV. That would be a BIG mistake IMO. I can't comment on how the TriAxis will sound through the Mark IV because I run my TriAxis through a 50/50 stereo poweramp. You should just use the Mark IV poweramp section for as long as it takes to get a stereo poweramp and speakers so that you can take advantage of the stereo capabilities of the TriAxis. They are both great amps and I wouldn't want to have to sell one to get the other.

+10000000000000

Don't sell your MarkIV to buy a Triaxis, I own a V2 Triaxis now, sounds good, but MarkIV sounds amzing. it's imple as that. Triaxis will only gives you 90% of Mark sound, but MarkIV can gives you 100%. Hope it helps.

Thank you! Maybe it gets harder now i dont have enough money and I got this offer to trade in my mark IV for a quad and a 20/20 which i already have owned and they really were good.

It's hard. I think I keep this advice in mind! allthough it's hard for the finance!

When I had my Mark IV I sometimes used my Quad preamp in the fx return. It sounded great. I think that the Quad sounded a bit better than the Mark IV preamp. It was a bit brighter and closer to the sound I wanted. I wanted a John Petrucci sound, and it was dead on. Closer than the Mark IV could ever get.
The trick I used was to disconnect the pedalboard of the Mark IV and then set the ch switch of the amp to the external switching (i forgot what it´s called, but something like that). This puts the amp in a "no-mode" so you are not getting any preamp function at all. Unfortunatly you can´t use any of the presence knobs either. But I actually didn´t miss it (I usually set my presence low anyway). But you can use the amps graphic EQ and master vol. I sometimes switched on the EQ on both the Quad and the Mark IV and got a huge sound. Very Metallica.
I sold my Mark IV and bought a 2:90 to use with the quad, but although it sounded great, I think that the Quad/Mark IV combo sounded a bit better. A more organic feel and had a faster response, especially in the low end.

Thanks for the advice!

I have enough money to buy a Triaxis now. just have to wait until one shows up secondhand in holland or flanders...

I think ill keep my mark IV!!! :)

Nocki said:
Thanks for the advice! I have enough money to buy a Triaxis now. just have to wait until one shows up secondhand in holland or flanders. I think I'll keep my mark IV!
Smart choice.

Latest posts

Back