some new instumentals...opinions please!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masque

Reaction score
hey guys.....one of my best buds has been recording some intrumentals over the past few months. I have been telling him that I think they are great. recorded very well and his playing is fantastic! the tracks were recorded mostly with a Mesa/Boogie Triaxis...but he also used a Stephenson 30 eatt head into a Boogie Cab as well. One of the tunes "pink skizzy" has a Marshall JVM for rhythm and the triaxis for lead.

I am trying to encourage him to do a small release locally...I am posting a few of his tunes to gather some input on what he is doing to hopefully show him that there lots of people out there that would agree with me that his tunes are pretty good!!

so comments on the songs, tones and chops would be appreciated. for the most part he recored all the parts of everything you will hear....drums were done with a program called discreete drums.

Nick "Skizzy" Jones..........hope you enjoy his stuff..be sure and check out all or at least parts of all three posted.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1122146

Tell your mate not to worry. He can play. There's some good stuff there.

Just a word on the recordings and this is based on my monitor headphones..... it's a little piercing and bitey. The top end is sharp sounding. Round off the top end a little and add a little more body to the sound. Tame the guitar's top end a little as well - just needs a little warmth to it's tone.

My 3.5 cents.....

I liked "Juiced". It reminded me of early to mid 80's Van Halen for some reason. Cheers! :D

I like the compositions a lot. The performances are very comfortable to listen to; clear and concise, not flashy, but tasteful. I'll always admire someone who respects melody and who phrases runs with rhythm and soul. There's nothing groundbreaking here, but it's good, thoughtful music. And yes, he can play.

Latest posts

Back