Solo boost with a Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DStout

Reaction score
Hi all,

What would be the best way to achieve a solo boost with a Mark III (blue stripe)?

I don't want a clean boost in front of the amp. Is there a good full bypass boost pedal which can be used in the FX loop after the time based FX?
Another option I can think of is using the EQ for boost. However, if I dial in a good clean sound (which I use a lot) I seem to need the auto EQ on the lead channel to get a good full lead sound.

Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Regards,
Douke

I don't think you really need a boost for a Blue stripe that is set up right but that is a personal choice. Boosts go between the guitar and the amp, not in the effects loop. Basically boosts and distortion devices go between the guitar and amp and time based effects, eg, delay, chorus, flanger, phase etc. go in the effects loop.

What's wrong with using a clean boost up front?

What is wrong with using the auto eq for boosting the lead channel?

Try a Carl Martin Hydraboost in the fx loop, the older ones like I have are true bypass. Works like a charm and minimal tone suck.

I have a 7 band EQ and a volume pedal in the loop. it works well. I use the volume pedal to counteract a volume drop in one of my pedals, and as a solo boost when i'm not using the pedal. the EQ i use in place of the onboard, which my amp lacks.

Thanks for your answers. Perhaps I should first try using the EQ of the Mark III.

Does anyone know if there is a separate pedal for EQ with a led? It would be practical to be able to see if the EQ is engaged. On the Mesa Boogie site I only see a combined REV/EQ pedal without leds for the Mark III.

Regards,

Douke

DStout said:
Thanks for your answers. Perhaps I should first try using the EQ of the Mark III.

Does anyone know if there is a separate pedal for EQ with a led? It would be practical to be able to see if the EQ is engaged. On the Mesa Boogie site I only see a combined REV/EQ pedal without leds for the Mark III.

Regards,

Douke

The eq and reverb switch jack do not have this capability. Only custom switchers like the guy in Brazil can tell you or GCX controllers.

DStout,
I found this on Ebay. New.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-MARK-III-4-Button-Footswitch-By-VoodooMan_W0QQitemZ280184019708QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back