Soldano Slo, 5150, Dual rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentSSL

Reaction score
Ok So I understand that the 5150 and the earlier revisions of the Dual rectifier 2 channel are based on the soldano SLO. I am very interested in this amp and its tone I found a couple soldano Hot rods but I have seen on this website that those are very expensive clones, The Jetcity jca100 H seems to be the cheaper alternative if I am after the "Slo" tone? Is the Slo easier to find then an early revision of the Dual rectifier with the awsome pre 500 tone? Is the reason a Dual rectifiers sound so good with a 5150 because those are two sides of the same coin and you are basically making up the best parts of the Slo that are living in those 2 amps? Currently I have a Mark V and I am looking to find an Amp to add to my collection and to compliment the Mark in the recording studio. I feel like the Slo is the amp todo this but is there a way to maybe squeeze a good Slo tone out of the Mark V Keep in mind I have never played a Slo in person the closest experience I have is a few soldanos in stores for maybe like ten minutes no idea the models I think one was an avenger and the other was a hotrod possibly and I only spent maybe 10 minutes at most with those amps. My other idea for recording purposes mainly is getting a 5150 block letter and a good dual rack mount rectifier. However I couldn't use all that live when I get into other bands down the road. Suggestions pleaze :) I am trying to stay away from 3 channels and roadsters because I think those sound best with EMGs and boosting which I would like to avoid doing.

You can find a SLO 100 easier than an early Rectifier. However, it's more expensive. You can't coax those tones out of a Mark. I've tried, and they are apples and oranges. I think a 5150 will get you close, or get an early rectifier, Revision F if you can't find a C, D, E, and boost it a bit.

See I am loving the mark V for many reasons but honestly I just don't think it sounds as good as a a good sounding dual rec however I think it sounds better then most amps I have played through and it works so well with passive pickups where any rev g to the new three channels do nor sound good well as good without boosting or active pups. Thats why I was thinking soldano lol I could always get a Jet city and a 5150 and go from there buut somewhow I don't think that slo tone is in there and I'll be boosting more then likely

also did you try the suhr koto boost it sounds like it might get you close do you still have your mark v or did you switch it up ?

Latest posts

Back