So who is keeping their Mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4406cuda said:
I am keeping my head.

I sold my Triaxis, 2:90, G Force, Ground Control Pro to get this amp. I actually tried it out first at the Mesa Hollywood store before I bought it and sold my gear.

Tonight is my first gig with it. I play in a 90's rock cover band and we are playing a 2 hour outdoor show in Malibu Hills at a winery. It is a free show, come on down if you are in the area. It is off of Kanan and Mulholland Highway!!!

I also play in a 90's rock cover band (Alice in Chains, STP, Weezer, Candlebox, ETC) and this amp along with the Custom 24 is a combined workhorse for everything. I've only played two gigs with it, but both times, strangers came up to me and commented on how great my tone was.

had mine for over a month now and still loving it. everyonce in a while i will question something and then go back and listen to recording i did with the road king and it becomes clear why i like the mark. between fat/tweed on c1, crunch on c2 and mIV on c3, i am a happy owner!!

i have to say i did go on a tube spree though. THINK i have settled with high gain preamp jj's from eurotubes and kt77's power amp tubes with a marshall 1960 cab. the kt77's WAY cleaned up and tamed down the high end, but the boogie cab still feels a bit harsh in the high and mids where the marshall is just so smooooth.

scott7d said:
4406cuda said:
I am keeping my head.

I sold my Triaxis, 2:90, G Force, Ground Control Pro to get this amp. I actually tried it out first at the Mesa Hollywood store before I bought it and sold my gear.

Tonight is my first gig with it. I play in a 90's rock cover band and we are playing a 2 hour outdoor show in Malibu Hills at a winery. It is a free show, come on down if you are in the area. It is off of Kanan and Mulholland Highway!!!

I also play in a 90's rock cover band (Alice in Chains, STP, Weezer, Candlebox, ETC) and this amp along with the Custom 24 is a combined workhorse for everything. I've only played two gigs with it, but both times, strangers came up to me and commented on how great my tone was.

What voicing's are you using on all three channels?

I am using Fat, Crunch, and Extreme

4406cuda said:
scott7d said:
4406cuda said:
I am keeping my head.

What voicing's are you using on all three channels?

I am using Fat, Crunch, and Extreme

Ch1 stays on fat pretty much 99% of the time. To be honest, I haven't used Ch2 much, but still exploring it. It seems like most of the songs have been either straight up clean, or straight up high gain applications so it doesn't get much play time.

For channel three, I have been using mainly the Mark IV mode. I like how the single notes sound a little better than the Extreme mode, and the all around darker feel. I kick in Extreme for "For whom the bell tolls" though, and will probably use it for "Rooster" the next time we play and see how it goes.

Yup, keeping mine til I die:D . I think it's a step-up from my MKIV(a) which I still have.

guitardom said:
had mine for over a month now and still loving it. everyonce in a while i will question something and then go back and listen to recording i did with the road king and it becomes clear why i like the mark. between fat/tweed on c1, crunch on c2 and mIV on c3, i am a happy owner!!

i have to say i did go on a tube spree though. THINK i have settled with high gain preamp jj's from eurotubes and kt77's power amp tubes with a marshall 1960 cab. the kt77's WAY cleaned up and tamed down the high end, but the boogie cab still feels a bit harsh in the high and mids where the marshall is just so smooooth.
you know that the mark V preamp section are JJ's.... there is info about it all over this forum or check the tubes section in this forum :wink:

Latest posts

Back