So on the Triaxis, is LD2 Red really the Rect Solo head mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
?

I aske because some one told me the manual is out dated and that LD2 Red really is not the Dual recto tone. Does really pertain to me as I primarily use the Mark III and Mark IV modes for my overdrive. Just curious. Thanks guys! :)

If you have the 2.0 or the 2.0 with fat, the lead 1 red is supposed to sound "like" the recto orange mode the old (pre 2.0) did not have the separate board and the newer Tri's don't have the recto board either. Many will say it doesn't get you the recto tone but that's up to your ears to decide if it's close enough for your needs.

Yeah I am curious what it would sould like thru the TA. Does anyone have clips comparing the same settings and like same riff but one clip with the Mod and one without? seems like it would suck if you had it modded and then did not like it ;) Yanno? :)

ld2red sounds like a marshall to me. at least, something in that direction

LowYaw said:
ld2red sounds like a marshall to me. at least, something in that direction

I agree! But I am a huge Marshall fan, so that's good in my book. I use my TriAxis with a Marshall 9100 poweramp.

the lead 2 modes (including lead 2 red) are based on a combination of the tones offered on a mark ii, mark iv and mark ii c+.

masque said:
the lead 2 modes (including lead 2 red) are based on a combination of the tones offered on a mark ii, mark iv and mark ii c+.

In other words it sounds the brOOtalZ!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry man ;) I was a boogie guy with all the recto's and never had the Mark amps and when I got my Diezel I sold all my boogies, rectoverb, Dual ret head and Road Kind as I loved the Diezel and still is my fav. But the TA has brought me back into loving the boog's as all those Mark Modes and the 2:90 really does sound sick. What are ya using now? They both come up on EBAY farely often I got my 2:90 used and just through in all new tubes and is minty :) The TA I bought brand new just because with things like that I want the warranty etc.

I've only noodled with my TA in my apartment, but I know that a good ol' Boss GE-7 equalizer will get you closer to Recto territory very nicely if you keep the TA's Dynamic Voice set to 0. I've gigged with a Trem-O-Verb quite a bit and jammed in the apartment at low volumes with it. Had to sell it a while back to pay the mortgage. But before I spend on another Recto I'll work on getting a little more Recto out of the TA, hopefully this weekend.

JJ or any good quality high gain pre amp tubes really wake the TA up as well. Experiment, and you will drop the stock pre tubes like a hot potato.

Hey thanks man, cuz yeah I re tubbed my 2:90 with groove tubes matched quads.

Which JJ's would you recommend for the TA? I really want to still keep my pristine cleans though. Any other brands? Tung-Sol I heard are Good.

You probably have been to www.dougstubes.com He has everything and lives right near me. LOL :)

Definitely get whatever Doug says. I purchased the JJ high gain setup from eurotubes.com.

Back